Sunday, May 5, 2013

When writing a short story, how can I pull off putting in a theme without sounding corny?

Q. No matter what I do, it seems like I'm taking up a "Hey kids, don't do drugs and be yourself! Or else this will happen!" sort of voice...I'm not trying to write a fable or a fairy tale here, but I don't want to write some random meaningless crap.
I don't mean to say that not doing drugs was actually my theme...I'm just saying, when I put in a theme, I have the same corny, babying voice as the people who tell kids not to do drugs.

A. Then make it real! Let the reader feel the agony of two girls who went to a party and when one is gone from the other quite awhile; she starts checking out where her friend got off to?
And upon opening a bedroom door finds her friend slumped beside the bed on the floor with her eyes rolled back in her head and unconscious. Let them know sorrow of the mother who "did't want to lose her daughters trust" so she never searched her room and belongings for drugs, now the mother can worry about "loseing her daughter" instead of offending her "trust"! Set the stage with truth you will get attention!


Girl and boy sharing bedroom decorating advice?
Q. My two kids. are 7 year olds and will be sharing a room. One a girl and one a boy. What are some cute bedroom sets that will go together well or were meant to be together, that will look great in their room.

A. I wouldn't go with a theme, I would make it colorful, like paint the walls and have neutral curtains and light fixtures but I would be sure that they each had a shelf or some kind of storage to call their own that they can have their things on. I would keep the bedspreads the same color but put pillows and little touches that are different on the beds. For example, a red ladybug pillow for her and a red car pillow for him. The ideas are endless in my head right now. I'm sure you'll come up with something great and they'll love it. Take care.


Can you help me with ideas for my childrens bedroom?
Q. I have 2 girls. 1 and 3. My 1 year old is almost 2 but very advanced for her age. She speaks very clearly. My 3 year old will be 4 july4th. The theme is dora & puppies. What kind of beds should I use? Twin over full bunkbed? my 3 yr old is tall she looks and talks like a 5 yr old.. So she'll be needing something like a twin? Bit will that look right?? Any ideas?

A. I would get twin beds or if the room is big enough full size beds or twin boards that can convert to full. Girls, unlike boys, tend to tire of the whole bunk bed idea quick.

Also, I might be biased because I now have 3 girls and 2 boys and buying bedroom furniture over and over isn't part of the plan or budget..lol I use bedding to kiddie up their rooms.

Using your theme, I would go for something like this where the bedding isn't exactly the same for their beds, but coordinated (scroll to the pink set).
http://cimots.com/bed-design/kids-twin-beds-ideas-in-various-themes-bedroom.html

I get decals from here:
http://www.landofnod.com/kids-beds/kids-…

Here are some bedroom sets. Personally, I bought my mattresses locally because I wanted to see the quality and knew I could bargain with them on the price since I was buying more than one set:
http://www.bedroomfurniture.com/Kids-Bed…
http://www.kidsfurnituremart.com/kids-be…
http://www.cymax.com/Bedroom-Sets-Kids--…





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: When writing a short story, how can I pull off putting in a theme without sounding corny?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP