Sunday, May 12, 2013

What should do I when I clean my room?

Q. Simply put, over break I am going to reorganize my whole room, and just everything that is mine.
Now to break it down..
Walls: We are slowly getting everything re done in our house, floors are next then walls, so no paint yet. As of now they are just drywall, so command hooks, and normal hooks don't work,
I want like pictures and stuff of me my friends, people I admire etc..
Furniture: My room is a square shape. Let's say the bottom right corner is the door. Walk in, to the left is a dresser and a TV, walk past that my desk is at an angle, past that a rocking chair, then my night stand. In the middle back wall is my bed, then to the right of that my closet. I have a window by my desk. It's small, very little walking room..
Clutter: Help. Me. Oh. My. Gosh. I have too much stuff, how do I know what to get rid of, and what not to? And how can I get rid of it? I always think "I'll need it sometime."
And what kind of storage units should I get? This kind of goes with furniture, but I have a lot of books, and stuffed animals that are just in boxes.. That I kind of want out..

A. i've been doing the same thing and cleaning my room, rearranging, etc and i'll hopefully be able to paint over break! so my tips:

-when going through the things u want to keep, you can either do small sections (ex-dresser one day, desk the next day) or you can do the crazy route of like everything in one day haha (the closet is the craziest!) small sections would be easier to handle.

- make piles of "keep" "donate" and "get rid of". if you cant decide if you'll need something see if you have anything similar to it. who needs 2 hairdryers? it really makes it a lot easier to keep your room clean and it looks better if you have less stuff. dont think of it as losing things, because you are gaining something -space. keep things you know you will want and use. for things you are keeping "in case", put them in a box and put it in your closet, the attic, or garage. if you haven't used it in 6 months, get rid of it. same with clothes. hang all you hangers one way and when you wear something turn the hanger around. then get rid of the stuff you havent worn after a few months. easiest tip is to keep what you need and love. if you're just keeping something in boxes (like your stuffed animals) consider donating them to kids who would play with them instead of keeping them out of sight (you can keep some if they're sentimental tho!! i did at least.. haha)

-after your room is clean you should have a lot more space. more clutter= smaller looking room. try pushing your bed against a wall or rearranging your furniture to have more space and function.

-for decor, you can look at pictures on tumblr or pinterest to see what you like. pinterest has so many diy ideas that are super cute and easy.You can hang some picture frames on command hooks if you want. One idea I saw was really cute, someone pit pictures up on a clothesline on their wall. people also put up string lights in their room which is cute. cool lighting ideas are always fun. you can get cute inexpensive bedding at ikea or target and have accessories like curtains and lamps in your favorite colors. just make your bedroom full of things that reflect you and you will love it.

ok this answer was like one of my longest ever but i guess im excited about decor since i've been doing my room. have fun!! :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What should do I when I clean my room?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP