Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What is a resonable price to charge to clean houses?

Q. There is a lady going to start cleaning my house but first she is coming to meet me and dicuss price. What is a reasonable price for this that wont make me decide to look for someone different? I need the help yes but don't want to be charged out the wazoo for a simple house cleaning that is only once a week.
My house is fairly big, over 2600 sq ft. I have 2 kids under age 2 that typically scatter toys around if that helps. I have 1 cat inside and 3 dogs that live outside so its not filty from animals. I figured this would be discussed as well. I need the help because I hurt my knee and am unable to get around as well as I used to.

A. It depends on things like how much you want her to do, how much you mess it up in between, etc. Just as a starting place, I've paid $80 for someone to come in once a week for basically the following:
- clean 2 bathrooms
- change sheets in 2 bedrooms
- wash towels and sheets, and fold
- collect dishes from around house, load dishwasher and run it (did not include any hand washing)
- dust (about 2200 sq ft.)
- vacuum
- sweep and mop kitchen
- take out trash
- scoop 2 cat boxes

The cat boxes added about $10/week, but the guy who did it eventually reduced it $5 because I would scoop it in between times he was there. This only took him a few hours, and if he finished everything before the towels and sheets were dry, I didn't make him hang around just to fold them.

I also know people who pay only $50 for about the same thing, but they live in a different area than I do. Your location will affect it. Also, whether or not you pay them in cash may affect it. Some people don't have checking accounts and have to pay a service to cash any checks. And, I was willing to pay a little more because this person had worked for people I know, and I felt comfortable with him in my house.

You might also try calling a local "professional" house cleaning service, like Brittany Maids, and getting a quote from them - just to get a ballpark idea.

I would suggest a few things:
- you make a list of what you both actually agree to
- ask if she's open to doing "special projects" every now and then for an extra fee, to be negotiated for each thing (like cleaning out the refrigerator, or helping you get the house ready for a party, or cleaning up after a party, or swiffering the walls and baseboards)
- determine who is going to provide cleaning supplies - and if she does, make sure it's okay for your circumstances (allergies, pets, kids, etc.)
- ask if she's willing to re-negotiate the price in a few weeks, after she sees how you take care of the house in between visits (if you plan to keep it picked up and relatively clean). House cleaners usually price things based on the idea that they are the only people who will ever perform any of their tasks, and that nothing will be done in between visits.

Good luck! Having a house cleaner saved my relationship - ended the arguing, being tired and unable to spend any time together, etc. - and left us time for house projects like painting, building bookshelves, etc.


Where can I find a myspace bulletin letter like this?
Q. You know how sometimes the bulletins will ask you what color shirt your wearing? It was like that, but it was a letter to a friend, I don't remember it, but it was something like "Dear, ____ I am returning your ___ that you gave me ____" ect. The blanks would have a number and depending on what color shirt, or month born in, or age ect. would be what you put in the blank. If you can help me out thank you so much, I've been looking for it since november.

A. Hope this is what your looking for was sent to me mid march hope this is what you wanted.

Dear (someone who recently talked to),
I don't really know how to tell you this, but (1). I think I realized it (2) (3) and I saw you (4) (5). I'm sure you're (6) enough to understand (7). I'm returning (8) to you, but I'll keep(9) as a memory. You should also know that I (10) and (11)

(12),
(Your name)



1) What's the color of your shirt?
Blue -I'm in love with your cat
Red - Our affair is over
White - I’m joining the Convent
Black -Our romance is over
Green- Our socks don't match
Grey - You're a leprechaun
Yellow - I'm selling myself for candy
Pink - Your nostrils are insulting
Brown - The mafia wants you
No shirt - Purple hedgehogs want to destroy you
Other -I dislike your eyelashes

2) Which is your birth month?
January - That night you picked your nose
February -Whe n I quoted Forest Gump
March - When your dwarf bit me
April - When I tripped on peanut butter
May - When I threw up in your sock drawer
June - When you put cuffs on me
July – When you smacked my butt
August - I think I realized it
September - Last year when you peed your pants
October - when u let me fall in the pool
November - When Your dog killed my cat
December - When I finally changed my calendar

3) Which food do you prefer?
Tacos - In your apartment
Chicken- In your car
Pasta - Outside of your office
Hamburgers - Under the bus
Salad – As you were eating Kraft Dinner
Lasagna - In your closet
Kebab - With Jean Chrétien
Fish - In a clown suit
Sandwiches - At the Elton John concert
Pizza - At the mental hospital
Hot dog - Under a street light
Annat- With George Bush and Stephen Harper

4) What's the color of your socks?
Yellow - Ignore
Red - Put whipped cream on
Black - Hit on
Blue - Knock out
Purple - Pour syrup on
White - Carve your initals into
Grey - Pull the clothes off
Brown - bit of
Orange - Threw
Pink - Pull the pants off of
Barefoot - Sit on
Other - Drive over

5) What's the color of your nail polish?
Black - My boyfriend
White - My father
Grey – The Catholic Priest
Brown – The Montreal C anadian’s goalie
Purple - My corned beef hash
Red – My knee caps
Blue - My salt-beef bucket
Yellow - My illegitimate child in Ghana
Orange - My Blink 182 cd
Pink – Your ‘My Little Pony’ collection
Other --The elephant in the corner
None -- My friends boyfriends eyeball

6) What do you prefer to watch on TV?
One Tree Hill - Senile
Heroes- Frostbitten
Lost -Middle-class
Simpsons- Cowardly
The news - Scarred
American Idol - Masochistic
Family Guy - Open
Top Model - dumb
Annat -shamed

7) Your mood right now?
Happy - How awful you are
Sad - How boring you are
Bored - That I get turned on only by garbage men
Angry - That your smell makes me vomit
Depressed – That we’re related
Excited - That i may laugh too much but ur way worst
Nervous - The middle-east is planning their revenge on you
Worried - That your Ford sucks
Silly - That I'm allergic to your earlobes
Cuddly - That Santa doesn't exist
Ashamed - That there is no solution to you being a dumb kid
Other - That your driving sucks

8) What's the color of your walls in your bedroom?
White - Your toe ring
Yellow - Your love letters to me
Red - The pictures from Vegas
Black - Your pet rock
Blue - The couch cushions
Green - Your car
Orange - Your false teeth
Brown - Your nose hair clippers
=0 AGrey - Our matching snoopy underwear
Purple - Your old New Kids on the Block blanket
Pink - The cut toenails
Other - Your Hannah Montana underwear

9) The first letter of your first name?
A/B - Your Cell Phone
C/D - Your photo with the moustache drawn on it
E/F - Your neighbors dog
G/H - The oil tank from your car
I/J - Your left ear
K/L - The results of that blood-sample
M/N - Your glass eye
O/P - My common sense
Q/R - Your mom
S/T - Your collection of butterflies
U/V - Your criminal record
W/X – Your sucide note
Y/Z - Your credit cards

10) The last letter in your last name?
A/B - Told in my confession today about the moose poaching
C/D - Always will remember the pep talks
E/F -Never will forget that night
G/H – Will not tell the authorites that you stole the whale from the backyard.
I/J – Mocked you behind your back constantly
K/L - Hate your cooking
M/N - Love your sweet Family
O/P - Told my psychiatrist about the bruises
Q/R - Always wanted to break your legs
S/T - Get sick when I think of your feet
U/V - Will try to forget that you broke my heart
W/X - Haven’t showered in a month
Y/Z – am better off without you

11) What do you prefer to drink?
Soft drink – I’m off to lead a new life as a lemon
Soda – I will haunt you when I’m reincarnated as an Eskimo
Milk - The apartment building is on fire
Water – I'm scratching my butt as you read this
Cider– I have a passionate interest for mice
Juice – You ruined my attempts at another world war
Mineral/Vitamin water – You s


Good quotes to put on bedroom wall?
Q. Hi, I am looking for a qood guote for my bedroom wall about love, family, or the home. "Home is where the heart is" is a good example but not exactly what I'm looking for.

We have no children, so nothing that specifically talks about kids.

Any ideas?

A. "music is the only thing that makes sense anymore, play it loud enough...keeps the demons at bay"
-Across the Universe

"for every dark night
theres a brighter day"
-Tupac

“During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams”
-Tupac

"If we are bold, love strikes away the chains of fear from our souls."
-Maya Angelou

"All great achievements require time."
-Maya Angelou

"Does my sassiness surprise you?"
-Maya Angelou

"Don't bring negative to my door."
-Maya Angelou

"Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances."
-Maya Angelou

"If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere."
-Marilyn Monroe

"Being me is a full-time job, and I've never missed a day."
-Stephen Colbert

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-IDK

"The universe tends to unfold as it should."
-Harold and Kumar go to White Castle


hope i helped





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a resonable price to charge to clean houses?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP