Sunday, April 21, 2013

What are some nice colors for my bedroom?

Q. Hi(:
Im a teen girl and im redecorating my room. I need some ideas on what color i can paint my room.
I like pastel colors!
i also like neons, just nothing dark
Right now my room is green, so i would like to stay away from the greens for awhile.

A. When I was about 15, I painted my room this color, "Sunset Yellow" and it was like a lighter version of dijon mustard. It turned out so beautiful. I decorated the rest of my room to have a very light, tuscan feel. But, if I changed my mind (as I often did) and decided I wanted something different, the yellow would match. I miss that room. It was the coolest color I've ever had in a room. Also, a robin's egg blue is cool, but it's very touchy getting just the right tone. And green is VERY touchy. The room color I'm looking forward to, though, is blood red. It's bold, daring, adventurous, the decor options are endless, and it can be lighthearted with a bold front, or deep and dark, with blacks and metals. Anyways, these are my four cents. : ) Have fun. Paint is great!

Edit: Oh, by the way!!! Something I've wanted to do for awhile in my kids' rooms is this: paint top half color of choice (for them a burnt orange), and bottom half (kind of spendy, but) black chalkboard paint. Then you draw whatever you like on the chalkboard as you like, or leave it blank. . . I think it's a great fun idea.


Any advice on how to redo a thirteen-year-old's room?
Q. My thirteen-year-old wants to redo her room. She wants bright colors like pink, orange, red, and yellow, for a summery feel. Any place I could get some ideas on how to organize it? And what is the best place to get furnature?

A. We have three daughters that are basically the same age. At about 13, we re-issued the bedrooms, gave the kids a budget, got the kids catalogs, let them shop the Internet, took them to paint stores, on and on, and let them do their own rooms. We got some weird paint schemes: Barbie doll pink windowsills, navy blue walls, and teal green ceilings for one! One became turquoise with bright pink and white. Anyway. For what it is worth, we let them do it together and have fun with it. They did.

I think JCPenney has a decorator that can come to your home, if you want to put out that kind of investment.

Good luck with your decorating planning.


Any ideas for a vintage chic bedroom?
Q. I'm 14 and moving house soon. When I decorate my room, I want it really different and chic. I like 'vintage' style things, such as urban outfitter themed decor. I don't want a huge amount of pink. I like the idea of blues. I want one wall to be bright and the others plain. I like things clean cut and simple. Does anyone have any interesting colour themes that i could use or just any tips overall?

A. WOW.. i'm impressed! U'r 14 & u know what u what. Not too many do. So when u'r talking the "urban outfitter" I'm not quite sure where u'r heading. R u heading for the 50-60's look or what? As far as blues... for the 50-60 look u can go w/ blu/gr or gr/bl almost like turquoise. IF u WANT the pink, then put PINK tones as in pillows/frames/lamps things like that. I did my friend's 2 grls rooms but they wanted something brighter but I used mocha br along w/ pink & pinky/blu... it really came out kewl. The trends back then were 50's more pink/turquoise/black/white/red then moved into the turquoise/orange/browns/lime greens. I would love to help u if u want to e me. (kadullade@yahoo.com) I love decorating esp for kids/teens.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some nice colors for my bedroom?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP