Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What color or exactly to decorate my kids bedroom?

Q. I am moving to a house and will needed painted. I wanted to paint and decorate my kids room. Both of them are boys. Three and a five year old. They both will be sleeping in the same room together. I am trying to figure out want to do for them to be happy in our new place and they like cars and balls. I really want it to be special.

A. Do you have a bed? If not-here is a link for a loft bed w/a tent. Its so cute. Too bad its not a bunk bed, though. Then you could get the sports bean bags, basketball clothes hamper.. etc

sports bed:
http://www.roomville.com/products/productDetail.asp?PROD_ID=357&DEPid=0&ROOT_dept=0

sports bean bag chairs:
http://www.target.com/gp/search.html/601-6331324-2538546?field-keywords=basketball%20bean%20bag%20chair&afid=yahoosspslp&lnm=basketball%20bean%20bag%20chair&ref=tgt_adv_XSJH1060

I wish my 4 year old wanted sports, I have found many more ideas and things to go with sports. but he wants monster trucks! I may get a tire and dip it in brown paint and make muddy tire tracks over his blue walls. Then hang posters up and maybe even get a wall murial. Also hang or paint road signs. if you do a search on wall murials and/or road signs you will find lots of ideas. the murials are really too expensive for me so I may try to do it myself! (MAYBE) they also have the wall "stick ups" for sports or cars. they are removable stickers. do a search if your interested.
anyway. good luck and have fun!
=0)


Kids stickers ruined the paint on the door?
Q. There used to be many stickers on my bedroom door. I took them off one day, and the paint went off with them. Some of the stickers didn't even come off completely.
How do I remove the stickers? Or should I just paint over them?

A. To start off, remove the stickers left over with either a wet sponge or other less-abrasive tool, if it doesn't work, try something a little more abrasive, like steel wool. They should come off pretty easily either way. Then, to cover the missing areas, paint the door over again. If the old paint was rather thick and it made some sort of "crater-like" space, sand the edges of the hole to make it flush.


How can I decorate my kids bedroom? They will share the room.?
Q. I will move and my kids need to share the bedroom. The problem is that the boy is 10 years old and my daugther is 4. I want some ideas on how decorate it.

A. I completely agree with dlmrgnk. But you do have to give them some guidelines because as you know, children change their mind a lot. Also, if it's a kinda large room, you can get a divider to separate their sides to give them more of a private space for themselves, as your bedroom is supposed to be. You can always get those little wall stickers that come off easily so when your kids are over with say the barbie stage they can graduate to clouds or something. That's always a good idea and it gives them a sense of uniqueness. Good luck and have fun!


Ideas on how to turn a basement into a little place for kids?
Q. I was thinking on creating different spaces for them. A kitchen/dining room, living room, office, and possibly a bedroom area. I was thinking of dividing the "rooms" with king size sheets, hung in a neat manner. Our basement isn't finished or anything (drywall/paint, etc) but is in good enough shape to have a little fun with it. I don't know if I am allowed to paint or put anything on the floor (except carpet...not tacked down) And ideas, thoughts, tips? It doesn't have to be perfect....my little ones are just happy to have a place to play. Budget is small~creativity is limitless. THANKS!

A. A table or old desk for a craft area. Then hang baskets or an old shoe organizer to put craft materials in:glue, paint, brushes, crayons, markers, scissors, glitter, stickers,etc.

Old file cabinet painted a funky color to hold materails like paper and finished projects. you can also hang a clothes line for them to clip paintings on to dry and to display finished works of art!

Maybe in one area, you could put a bunch of thick blankets and floor pillows down for a cozy pallet/nest to nap on.

Not sure how old your kids are or if they are boys/girls, but you could have an area with books, and puzzles, another make believe area with dress up stuff and "props" (umbrella, old high heels, old halloween wigs, feather boa, purses)... I loved to play "kitchen" when I was littel. If they have a play kitchen then when you run out of food, save the boxes/jars/containers for them to play "kitchen" with. Any old plastic dishes you don't use anymore... or if they don't have a kitchen, 2 chairs and table will work! A big box or set of shelves can hold the "food".


Lots of mirrors since I doubt the basement has many windows...Let the kids create the art and frame it in an old frame and decorate with those! You can even create with them and hang your work on the wall too!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What color or exactly to decorate my kids bedroom?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP