Tuesday, December 11, 2012

how can I get crayon off my kids bedroom wall?

Q. my kids room is flat painted, and my four year old decided to practice his writting skills. I tried to use a magic eraser but it seems to be taking the paint off but "magically" embedding the crayon further into the paint! WTF! please help. thanks

A. Use the new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser....those things are incredible. I haven't found anything that works quite so well without discoloring the paint or surface you're scrubbing to get the crayon or marker off.

I've got a 4 year old that used to love attacking things with her crayon. We tried everything you could think of. then one day we got one of those little sponge miracles in the mail as a sample and tried it...we were hooked.

Try them out and you'll love it. They work great on refridgerators, tile floors, carpet floors, the couch cushions, the desk, doors, LOL...we took her crayons aways so she started sneaking some home from daycare in her pockets!! LOL


How can I theme a bedroom around Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean?
Q. I'm doing this kid's bedroom, and he wants it themed around Pirates of the Caribbean the ride. He's 16 years old, and a HUGE Disneyland-fanatic. he doesn't want something corny or childish, but he wants to go all out. He wants an authentic, real-deal sort of room.

The room is large rectangular and has vaulted ceilings. He also wants it to be a little reminiscent of New Orleans Square. The painting job is already done, it's a tan base and it looks as if a pipe broke or something, cuz it appears to have water just pouring down and damaging the walls. He has a nice keyboard, and said he'd like that to be dressed up a bit more pirate-y. It has light oak panels which deters from the look he wants.

He has the PotC attraction poster, but would love more posters. I told him about Disney's print on demand system, and he was very excited, but what print(s) should I get? The room is spacious, and he hates it. He wants it to be like the ride, where you never see the same thing twice. very busy!
oh ya, he wants a desk as well (he's an artist). He said either a bar look, or whatever... Just something he could doodle on or write or jazz like that.

Thanks for your help!

A. awesome ideas
http://boysthemebedrooms.com/pirate/pirates-bedroom-decorating-ideas-pirates-theme.html


what is the safest and non toxic stain or paint for the crib and dresser?
Q. For a baby... I am due in Feb and Mom and I are going to be setting up the nursery. We are using my dresser I had as a kid in my bedroom at my parent's house and a crib that a lady is selling. We want to paint it lavender and refinish it. What type of brand of paint do you guys suggest that we look at that is safe for cribs and dressers?

A. We have used FreshAire paint on the walls in our house. It should be ok for cribs and dressers too. It has no VOCs, so there's no yucky chemical smell. We got it at Home Depot.

There are other types of no VOC paint, but that would be the best one to use.

For the crib that you're buying, just make sure it's modern enough to be safe!


Murals for Kids bedrooms and nurseries, how to get started?
Q. I have always been artistic and have wanted to get into the business of painting rooms for children, murals in daycares and window painting. Can someone tell me how to get started? I can create a web page and make flyers, but how do you charge and what is the going rate? Any tips would be appriciated.

A. You definitley need a portfolio. Set up your web page, show some work. If you don't have much to show, go to friends and neighbors, family and offer to do some freebies and work for cost of material. Invest in a good camera.
Get a business card going, make a notecard with your business card, something that has all your info and examples of your work.
Take your portfolio and card to local businesses, home builders, contractors, paint stores will sometimes hand them out.
I'm in OK, and also a muralist and art teacher.
Make sure you add in gas/mileage..And never give your ideas out for free. When working with a potential client, set up a consultation and charge a nominal fee, to cover gas and your talent and time. If they hire you, you take of the fee when you give final charge.
I've had people take my ideas I worked on and then give it to a family member to do the work.
Word of mouth will take you far!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can I get crayon off my kids bedroom wall?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP