Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Websites for bedroom furniture?

Q. I want new bedroom furniture. I like dark colors, modern, simple, teenager style, and comfortable. Do you know any websites where they might sell furniture like this. It doesn't have to be everything I listed, but pretty close. I'd also like it if the website had a desk that matches the bedroom set. Nothing too pricey (under $2,500) and pretty good quality. Thank You!

Also, if you know a website where I can find accessories (lamps, sheets, ect.), then pleas list! Thanks again.

A. There are lots of websites with lots of product. The problem is the price doesn't always match the quality. If you plan on only keeping your furniture for 1 to 5 years and treat your furniture with kid gloves Ikea may be a good choice, however, ask anyone that has had Ikea furniture for a while or attempted to move it. It tends to auto destruct upon moving. Those cam lock type assembly hardware just don't like to be moved. What makes it fairly inexpensive is what makes it poor quality. The whole thing is about freight and warehouse space. This should NOT YOUR PROBLEM. In my humble opinion, virtually all assemble yourself furniture is inferior quality mostly made of particleboard filled with formaldehyde. My family and I have been in the furniture business both manufacturing and retailing for over 60 years. Our retail store went on line almost 20 years ago. I understand both manufacturing and retailing. I sell what I make every day of the week in my store. Consider checking out a local store with less than 5 to 10 stores. in my experience the larger the chain, the poorer the quality and service. Also, in this difficult housing market, many both large and small stores are struggling and over 20,000 retail furniture stores both large and small have gone out of in business in the last 18 months. PAY BY CREDIT CARD for a little protection. I have noticed fairly good quality furniture in Costco. In the STORE not on line. It is very seasonal for them and the selection is very limited but well priced and good quality. Also please check out our website and blog @ www.barnfurniture.com


How much did it cost for your to furnish your place?
Q. I'm wondering how much it would cost to furnish a 3 bedroom, 2000 sq. ft home. We're planning to buy all new furniture.

How much did it cost for you, and what furniture stores did you go to? Do you have a lot of hand-me-downs? Please include how many bedrooms you have and/or square footage.

A. Furnishing you home can be very expensive. I have a 1200 sq. ft home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Furnishing the living room and the bedroom were the most expensive. These two rooms cost approximately $1500/room to furnish. All our furniture came from Rooms to Go. I waited on sales and discounts before making any big purchases. The kids room and guest room were less expensive to furnish. These rooms were less expensive because we didn't buy room packages and purchased the neccesities, such as just the bed and dresser or nightstand (s). The kids room and guest room cost approximately $800/room. Furnishings for these rooms came from Ikea. The dining room cost approximately $400. The dining room set came from the Room Store. I waited for sales and discounts before making any purchases here too. Most furniture stores have a family and friends day were they give the customer 10 to 20 percent off their products. Use the 10 to 20 percent coupon on a day when there is also a sale. You could save 200 to 500 dollars on furniture. Also, ask for free delivery specials; paying for delivery can get expensive. Note: When buying furniture packages, make sure the price is less than buying the pieces seperate. I found an error in a package price where the package price was more than if I bought the prices seperate. I saved myself an extra $100.

As far as hand me downs, I do not have any. However if you have old living furniture such as sofas, chairs, or loveseats, you can go to a furniture upholstery store or outlet and have you living furniture revamped in the style you want at a cost lower than buying new furniture. Your furniture will be custom.


What website and/or store would i go to for sale furniture?
Q. I need sale furniture that's kid proof. Can anyone help?

A. With the advent of disposable furniture from famous brands like Ikea and the like, poor quality seems to be accepted as normal. It is not normal, necessary, or environmentally responsible. A properly made bedroom set should last a lifetime. Go to any antique exhibition and you will see sets that are hundreds of years old. Mission furniture, which originated in Great Britain, is still made to last a lifetime. There is wide verity to choose from at www.barnfurnituremart.com
Authentic Mission style furniture also known as Arts and Crafts furniture is a timeless choice. When it is made using the traditional methods that make it, truly authentic it is a bulletproof choice. You will have something that will last and last. Many stores sell Mission Style furniture that is not made in the traditional way using solid oak. Instead, they use what they call solid wood. That is code for particleboard. Baloney IS meat. The Barn Furniture sells Mission furniture built with the traditional methods in a multitude of price ranges
If you plan on only keeping your furniture for 1 to 5 years and treat your furniture with kid gloves Ikea may be a good choice, however, ask anyone that has had Ikea furniture for a while or attempted to move it. It tends to auto destruct upon moving. Those cam lock type assembly hardware just don't like to be moved. What makes it fairly inexpensive is what makes it poor quality. The whole thing is about freight and warehouse space. This should NOT YOUR PROBLEM. In my humble opinion, virtually all assemble yourself furniture is inferior quality mostly made of particleboard filled with formaldehyde.


Where can I get some cool teen furniture?
Q. So I just moved, and I really want to start decorating my room, seeing as my birthday is coming up and I'll be getting some spending money for my room. (: I looked on Ikea, but I really don't like their furniture. Same with Macy's and Bed, Bath, & Beyond. What are some other good places to get furniture, mostly a desk, a new bed set, and a set of drawers o put my clothes in? Black furniture is preferable. Thanks !

A. Target believe it or not has a cool furniture and it is good quality and since it is not super expensive youll have extra money for other stuff.

http://www.target.com/Kids-Black-Charcoal-Bedroom-Collection/dp/B0009Q97I6/qid=1244865285/ref=br_1_7/175-1497552-4317868?ie=UTF8&node=16009301&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1
http://www.target.com/Milano-Bedroom-Collection/dp/B000XSDWRW/qid=1244865362/ref=br_1_11/175-1497552-4317868?ie=UTF8&node=16009301&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=16009301&rank=salesrank&rh=&page=2





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Websites for bedroom furniture?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP