Monday, December 3, 2012

I'm decorating my new place, can you help with ideas?

Q. I just purchased a cute new little 2 bedroom house.
I thought I had it all figured out the way I wanted to decorate it but i'm still stumped! I need some ideas or a thought for inspiration to decorate my place.

About me-
I love french culture
My favorite colors are- cool colors like blues, purples and greens but I also like white and light yellow
I'm a kid at heart but i'm a big girly girl
I like flowers, skirts, dresses, hats, perfume, flip flops, handbags and jewelry
Hawaii is the ultimate vacation spot
I love mellow music but i'm a rocker girl also
I like to relax and read a good magazine
I love to bake and I could live on drinking grape soda

sooo can anybody come up with some good themes for rooms in my new home? Thanks!
I think I want to do the guest room in all white with colored pillows and stuff what do you think?

A. Shabby chic all the way! Hit the flea markets..A great way to redecorate is to recycle. Use an old or new outdoor bird bath inside as a side table or in the bath to hold candles and bath supplies. Add an affordable glass top and wa-la! Instant table. You can also pick up many old architectural pieces at flea markets...paint them, sand them down a bit and you have instant character to any room. An old door can be stood in a corner or used as the top of a coffee or sofa table. The trick is to umber over any color you paint...this gives the piece instant aging and character. Shabby chic is the way to go....understated yet refined if done correctly.


how can I stay cool in my bedroom while my female roomates are complaining that they are cold?
Q. My bedroom is on the top floor and faces the sun.It is a very hot climate most of the year and super hot in the mid summer.The girls seem always to be cold,even when it is 100 degrees.please tell me how to get along.

A. You're doomed.

And it sounds like you're also seriously outvoted, so you may have to resort to extreme measures. No, don't try to change their minds because that will probably only be frustrating for all of you. You guys are all going to have to . . . . compromise. I know it's a foreign concept in the modern era, but people have been fighting over living space temperatures since the taming of fire and we were wearing animal hides and making our homes in caves. It's very difficult to find someone to live with that likes the same temperature as you do, and you probably don't even have kids, who all seem to enjoy a much warmer environment than regular people.

Don't worry, it gets worse when you get married because then it's for keeps, and hopefully you're trying to sleep in the same room. Hopefully.

Your best bet is to get a window air conditioner, but I'm assuming you've thought of that and have discarded the idea for some reason. Either you're renting, which is likely, based on your question, and the landlord won't let you do it, it's too expensive, or someone would complain about the noise. If you can't get one of those, an in room air conditioner is an option, though it may be an unsatisfactory solution based on some of the reviews I've read. Fans can help, but only so much.

See if you can close individual room vents, either partially or completely, if you have central air, because that may allow their rooms to stay a little warmer than the rest of the house. Try begging, but not too much, because that would be a guy code violation. Usually if people are a lot colder than others it's because they are too skinny, so maybe try feeding these women. Offer to cook. I assume you're already in charge of the heavy or disgusting cleaning.

Al Capone said "you can get a lot further with a smile and a gun than with just a smile", but I don't recommend making any kind of threat. Most people respond to a sense of humor, though. Try a little charm. Or light begging.


What is the best situation for my children sharing a room?
Q. I am due with our 3rd child in Feb. I have a 4 year old boy and an 18 month old daughter (we do not yet know the sex of the new baby). We only have 3 bedrooms, so someone has to share. Here is the scoop. My 4 year old is a sound sleeper, my 18 month old is a very light sleeper. My choice would be to have the baby share the romm with the 18 month old, as to not disrupt the feelings of the 4 year old, since he will be emotionally dealing with a new baby anyways, and we don't want him to feel like he is being uprooted. I guess the other choice is for the two older two to share as well. My husband doesn't want us to share our room either since we had both our kids sleeping through the night at 7 weeks in their own cribs, he feel like we should stick with the way we have done it (child in their room in their crib). Help with any ideas is appreciated:) thanks!!!

A. Is there any other room that could be utilized for a bedroom, such as basement, family room, extra large walk-in closet for a baby room,dining room? The two younger rooms would create a problem...no sleep for the parents...since the 18 month old is a light sleeper. Both of them will be up in the middle of the night crying at the same time. It would be the best to make the move for the little ones now so it will be easier when the new baby comes in, they will be adjusted to their sleeping quarters. This will eliminate two new adjustments at the same time, new baby and new sleeping arrangements! Children thrive under routine. Just make sure the older one feels he has his OWN personal space, even if you have to have his room divided w/a curtain, or masking tape. This will make him think that he hasn't lost all his privacy. Try to think outside the box, I'm sure that you'll find a terrific solution. Its great that you are planning ahead, this is definitely an advantage! Best wishes!


How can I design a camping themed room for my 10 year old?
Q. My son loves the outdoors. He wants his room to be a camping theme. In other words, he wants a tent to sleep in, things with boats, fishing, etc. I would love for him to have a tent to sleep in, but I also want to put his mattress in the tent so he won't have to sleep on the floor!! Is this doable? How big of a tent would I have to get? Can you even put a tent up in your house without having to stake it down?
Any ideas would be great!
Thanks!

A. there are many toy tents available these days for kids in the market made of parachute material that are long lasting and i guess they are big enough to accomodate a mattress, if not, even if the mattress peaks out a little, it is no problem, you can rope in the tent higher and it will give a spread over effect, these tents are meant for small children only and can be placed in the rooms!

along with it, you can go to a supermarket and check out the fishing section, there you will find wooden boats decorated in corners, you can buy one of these and place it in one corner of the room, it will give the out door effect, you can also get a artifical tree to place in one corner of the room, it will all enhance the outdoor effect, apart from that, try to paint the room in light green and light brown combination or even sky blue color to foster the image of being outdoors

see http://www.aboutfurniture.org/kids_room.php for more ideas on designing kids bedrooms





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm decorating my new place, can you help with ideas?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP