Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Cocker Spaniel continues to poop on the rug i dont know what to do?

Q. My Cocker Spaniel puppy Lily has started pooping on the living room rug. Me and my husband and 2 kids and has her since she was 8 weeks old and now she is 18 months old. I can't get rid of her because my 6 year old is really close with her. I am at wits end please help!

A. Since this behavior just started, that suggest it might be something medical, or a stress, like maybe you moved or some change happened in the house that stressed the dog. Rule out something medical and then take potty training back to the beginning. Use the bell method. I use a crate* to potty train with, but only for potty training and then I break it down and store it. I put blankets and a small food and water dish in the crate. Dogs don't potty where they eat and sleep. When they are first little, I only expect them to hold their potty for 4 hours, and then 6 hours, then 8 hours and so on. So when they are first little, I set a timer or alarm clock to wake myself up at night to take them *out. I only allow my puppy in the bedroom* or the living room, only one room at a time. They have to graduate to more space. If I allow them to have full run of the house, it will overwhelm them. I take them out the same door each time. I tie a dinner bell to the door handle. Do not use a jingle bell as they could get their toe caught in it. So when they are little, I ring the bell for them, and then open the door to go *outside to potty. When they get bigger, I take their paw and whack the bell and open the door to go potty. Eventually getting to the place where the puppy will ring the bell and let me know when they need to go potty. Dogs want to please you, so it is your job to let them know what behaviors please you and what doesn't. So when my puppy goes potty, I give her a treat*, and clap, and make a fuss and praise her. So she learns that going potty outside makes me happy. If she has an accident, make a disgust sound like �tsst� and take her out right away. I never yell* or spank* my puppies. Take them out when they first wake up, after they eat or drink, before nap, finish romping, when their activities change, or when they are sniffing around. Some puppies go pee right away, but may not go poop until 10 minutes later, so wait for the poop. I have a little play time here, because sometimes I think they are done, and they are not. Puppies train at their own pace. While I may have a puppy that hasn't had an accident in several weeks, I don't let my guard down. I don't expect my puppies to be "fully potty trained" until one-year-old. If they have a setback, shake it off, and start over. I only have my puppies in the crate when I am not watching them. When I am sleeping, cooking, ironing, doing chores, basically when I am not watching her. All other times, she is out of the crate practicing being a "big girl." This is the time I train her how to behave in the house. So we are practicing "no barking", 'no biting", "no jumping", and "don't eat the furniture." I also have to practice "playing inside" so she doesn't knock over things. You must keep the puppy in sight when they are little because they don�t know the difference between newspaper and carpet, and you don�t want them sneaking off and getting into trouble. Some puppies can sleep through the night around 3-months-old, but their bladder is grown around 6-months-old.

REVISIONS:
*I use a CRATE to train with. It is the method I prefer, compared to other methods I have tried. I noticed that if they are in the crate, while I am doing chores, they are o.k., because the crate allows them to see me and be re-assured. The crate can also be a comfort when stored in the basement for dogs who live in areas where thunderstorms and tornados are an issue. . However, use the method that works best for you.....a laundry basket, a cardboard box, a woof-woof house, x-pen, child gates, whatever works for you.
*OUTSIDE, pee pad, litter box, whichever method you are using. When the puppy is first little, keep the pee pad, litter box near the food and water dish, so the puppy can eat and drink, and then go potty. You can move it away as they get older. The pee pad has a scent that smells and initiates potty. Sometimes a pee pad makes a sound that scares some puppies, so you might want to use a litter box if that happens. The pee pad allows a puppy to walk around, but a litter box keeps the puppy in one place.
*BEDROOMS, I use the bedroom and living room for training, because it works for me. Choose rooms that work for you, but watch for rooms that are damp, or drafty. While my puppies sleep in the bedroom during training, once they are trained, I let them sleep where they want to. They don't have to sleep in the bedroom forever.
*TREATS. While I use treats for training, you don't have to. I like Charlee Bears for training (a little cracker for a little mouth,) I use them for training, but once they are trained, I cut back on them.
*SOME PUPPIES will go potty in the same spot each time. Some puppies have to be told to go potty. A command like "go out" for pee, or "go finish" for poop, might work for you, keep saying �go finish� until the puppy poops. This is a good thing to train if you travel with your dogs. By using commands, the puppy won't get confused when you are visiting someone, on vacation with you, or when you get to a new home. The command will tell them what you want them to do in an unfamiliar place. You might also want to use a leash method, so the puppy doesn�t sneak off, or for strange places.
*YELLING. It is not a good idea to "yell" or "spank" your puppy and then take them outside when they have an accident. They may get confused and think that going outside is punishment. While you want to correct them, if you are extreme, they may not want to go outside again. Shake it off, and resume your schedule. You have to keep it real. Puppies train at their own pace, but a puppy can only hold their potty for a few hours. A guide would be 1 hour for each month of age, plus 1 hour, so a three-month-old puppy should only be expected to hold their potty for 4 hours at most.
SOURCE: These tips, tricks, and ideas were contributed from many brilliant minds. Thanks for your help!


How to improve chances of selling a home?
Q. We've got a sign in the yards, and now an ad in the paper. We've had a few calls, but no one has come to look at it. We need to sell before the end of summer. We are 'asking' a certain price so we ARE allowing people to try to work us down in case we run out of time (it is a fair price; what the place is worth).
Anyways, the ad should begin running in the paper today. What can I do to this place to make it look more spatious and inviting? My BF is a pack rat; we've thrown away gobs and gobs of stuff, but still have a lot of things that should be in storage (we can't afford that). We've painted the back bedroom, and plan on painting the other 2 bedrooms, one of the bath rooms, and the laundry room. I've taken most of the pictures off of the walls to make the room look bigger (but now there's 2 big boxes taking up space in the back bedroom!).
Anyone have any tips or links for how to make the place look bigger and better?
I've watched a couple of TV shows on this subject. One one show, the lady wanted to make the home look 'homey'. The people told her that was not a good idea; she needed to make it to where people could picture their own furniture/things/ideas in the house. How can I do that??
I'd also like ideas for the outside of the house too.

A. We too are preparing to sell our home and don't have the money to do a whole lot. After watching numerous shows (By Me, Designed to Sell, Get it Sold etc). I've found two very important things that don't cost a cent but your labor. One is remove all clutter, personal items of decoration like kid's art on fridge, family pictures etc) and the other one is clean, clean, clean. Anything to make the bathroom/kitchen as sparkling as possible will pay off.

Other ideas to get the people in is curb appeal. Make your home as inviting outside as possible, well groomed, flowers etc. Then when people drive by, they will want to come in a see the inside.

Put pictures in your ads. And your email address (you can set up a free one just for responses).

Choose a title insurance company before you sell and they will help you with all the paperwork and frequently have standard forms you can copy.


My 13 year old daughter is so attached to me?
Q. I have a 13 year old daughter she is very attached to me. She now will never let me leave her she wants me to be in the bedroom at night with her, I have to be with her every where. But i am 2 month's pregnant i don't know if that as anything to do with it. What do i do? This is not like her she has never done this before.

A. There are times when you give in to what she wants, but there are times when u don't. In this case, u have to tell her that u love her very much, and that will not change, even after u give birth to another baby, but at night, she has to be alone in her bedroom. What is more important to you is not your togetherness with her all the time, but whether u can raise her rightly, whether she will become a True Leader or godly person of the world or not, that she has to love her brother/ sister as much as u love her.

This is the only foundation of �right� parenting: teach your children to do things, NOT to satisfy their own ego (self-happiness), but to make others happy (True Happiness). Meaning, teach them to practice True-Love: loving others is more important than loving yourself, not Self-Love: loving yourself is more important than loving others. All the philosophers in the world, including the Atheist ones, plus God and Jesus, believe this: to reach the highest level of happiness, True Happiness, or to reach completeness as a human being, is when u think as little as possible about others, and as much as possible about others, or when u eliminate your selfishness.

When you teach her to be selfish, that�s when she thinks it�s okay to bully others in school. The kid of my friend started hitting my legs, my back, when I visited him, that�s because my friend lets him watch Power Ranger, and my friend spoils (gives in to) his kid too much.

1. SPIRIT OF CHARITY:

�Get a blanket for mommy. Help the elderly. Set up a table for dinner
�NO VIDEO GAMES: Self-Gratification.
�Tell kids stories, watch movies together about heroes, saints and leaders: moral bedrock of civilization. Summarize the essence of the stories: compassion, respect, integrity, and wisdom.
�Use everyday incidents, family conflicts, to illustrate the importance of having the highest principles
�No watching TV with Selfish messages
�The importance of greetings, card writing, present making, celebrations, calling them for birthdays
�Decorate some wagons/ cardboard boxes with messages/ images on loving the earth. Spend time with them picking up trash.

Volunteer Organizations: Red Cross, Kids Care Club, Teen Against Child Abuse, WillSERVE, volunteer firefighters, Hunger Relief, local library, church, etc.

2. SELF-ESTEEM

�Respect for others starts from respect for the individual.
�Honor privacy rights.
�Regular time is scheduled to accept/ validate each person�s experience/ inner growth/ sense of being. Give them chances to talk about or demonstrate skills, creativeness, special faculties, imagination, and to feel affirmed by their accomplishments/ very existence: sing a song, tell a story, read a poem, tell a joke, etc.
�Don�t be critical in any way: be PATIENT, just listen, watch, laugh, be creative in supporting in a positive way. Clap enthusiastically.
�Be there when your kid performs at school, play baseball, recite their piano lesson/ ballet class, or do whatever they love.
�True Parenting is a two-way learning
�Encourage them to teach u something from school/ life.

3. EMPATHY

�Nurse a sick child/ parent in the family: water to drink, food, enough blankets, company, making a sandwich, cooking soup, etc.
�Collect stories of people offering hope and help in times of crisis. Share stories about compassion/ passion of the great teachers: God, Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Mother Theresa.
�Study those people who devoted their lives for the True Happiness of others: William Wilburforce, Eleanor Roosevelt, etc.
�Send them to a relative�s house to help out.
�Serve food in homeless shelters. Write a letter to a legislator. Visit the nursing home/ hospital where your friend/ relative is treated
�Read newspapers together. Create a personal interest in the world, in other people�s lives, and in learning new things. Summarize the stories.
�Meet figures who helped society. How? Watch the movie:�Freedom Writers�, based on a true story. This story proves that with True Love, you can teach the toughest-to-be-taught children. Bring them to Museums. Every child needs someone they can look up to. Point out qualities of heros, leaders, saints. Go to children�s section in bookstores. Pick out books for them.

4. POSITIVE THINKING: movie Finding Neverland

5. RESPECT FOR OTHERS: the movie Amazing Grace proves that, with True Love, not only u can change the worst of people, but also u can change the world.

6. HUMILITY

7. IMPORTANCE OF RELIGION: Read them passages from Illustrated Children�s Bible before their bed time. Discuss the stories. Ask their questions, opinions.

8. TRUE LOVE: a perfect way of living, that covers all aspects of life, all the ultimate concepts of:�True Happiness, True Leadership, True Marriage, True Parenting, True Purpose of Life, True Friendship, How To Be Romantic, True Relationship, True Faith in God, Kingdom of Heaven�,

God bless u & all your family.


What are some good activities for a 3 year old and two 20 months olds to do together?
Q. My kids don't seem to play together very well. Is it just age difference? I'd like to foster some good sibling time, so please suggest activities that are age appropriate for all my kids and don't require an extremely long set up or clean up- With kids these ages, I don't have a lot of time for it.

A. My daughters are 3 years and 21 months, so I'll tell you some things that they like to do. (They're 17 months apart in age and don't really play together as much as they play side-by-side. However, my 3-year-old will often tell my younger daughter what to do, and sometimes she listens.)

- Play dress up. I have a box full of hats, shoes, dresses, magic wands, bead necklaces, bracelets, etc. that they can put on and take off by themselves. I set a full-length mirror nearby so that they can admire their various outfits.

- Play house/babies/kitchen. We have a toy kitchen (got for free from a friend) and lots of dolls, doll clothes, and doll accessories set up in a guest bedroom. The girls can play that for quite a while. They love to stir dry macaroni or rice in a big bowl with a wooden spoon. (I just vacuum up any spilled noodles/rice.) And they love to push their dolls in strollers (in the house or outside).

- Color with crayons. I also love our Aquadoodle mat b/c there's no mess -- kids are just using water-filled pens to draw on it.

- Play with play-doh.

- Go to the playground.

- Play in a baby pool in the backyard.

- Go to the zoo, library, or children's museum.

- Kick or toss balls around.

- Draw with chalk in the driveway.

- Blow bubbles (a little messy for the younger ones, but still fun).

- Dance to music on the radio or a CD.

- Play follow the leader with the older one leading the way.

- Listen to books.

- Sing songs.

- Have a "marching band" with each child playing a different instrument.

Hope that gives you a few more ideas! In just a couple more years, they'll really be able to play together!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My Cocker Spaniel continues to poop on the rug i dont know what to do?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP