Saturday, December 7, 2013

How to decorate my new duplex retro style?

kids bedroom decorating ideas on a budget
 on ... Bedroom Design Ideas Modern Kids Bedroom Decorating Ideas in a Budget
kids bedroom decorating ideas on a budget image




smashedgui


im getting a duplex in a couple of months and i wanna decorate it with a retro vibe to it..only problem is im on a budget and alot of things retro and vintage are very expensive.I can't paint the walls so im stuck with white walls. theres 3 bedrooms and 2 baths
50s 60s style...and incorporate music since ima musician



Answer
"Vintage" doesn't have to mean expensive. Hit the thrift stores. Look for fabrics you can use to make pillows for the sofa, curtains, or table covers. Use table covers to make curtains. Mix it up.

As for being stuck with white walls, use poster frames from the dime stores to frame large blocks of fabric...colors limited only by the fabric or paper you find. You could frame a polka-dot in one, a solid of the same color in another, stripes in a third, and a paisley print in the fourth, then hang them all in a row for a color statement. Or do 4 blocks of solids, then use the prints for table covers, curtains, and pillows.

Retro means different things to different people. To some, it's 50's red and white and black, to others it might mean totally 70's. Just let the fabrics you find lead you.

(An old chenille bed spread with panels on it was cut up on a "kids room" design show I saw recently. She used some of the panels for pillows and some of the spread to make a bed-skirt. It was cute, and very retro if your idea of retro was 1940!)

Can anyone help me with decorating my room?




down2earth


I am 14 yrs old so I need teen ideas.I can't decide-I like all diferent styles I guess.I can't decide!At times i'm girly and other times i'm boyish.My favorite colors are pink green and purple.I need my room decked out-i'm talking bedsets and accesories and lighting and decor-I need all new everything.I'm on a budget of $300.Plz help with ideas or websites plz and thanx!


Answer
well stay away from Pier 1 and other over-priced decorating stores and stick to places like Target, and Walmart.
If you want some really funky stuff Hot Topic has some bedroom items.
Paint works wonders! If you're allowed to paint your walls pick an accent wall and paint it a bright funky color, like purple! Or get some stencils and paint a cool border.

ideas:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/nodePage.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302024587

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_fe_l_1_13158831_9/601-2234308-3327362?ie=UTF8&node=13160461

http://mariesmanor.fateback.com/Teens/Bedrooms.html

http://www.cool-kid-bedrooms.com/wildaboutcolor.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to decorate my new duplex retro style?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP