Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cheap Insulation for an Apartment wall that not too hard to put up or take down down besides draperies?

Q. I live an apartment and cannot put in permanent insulation. My bedroom is on the right on the side of the street and long driveway where many cars pass by. It's also where people front door is so I get lost of noise. Please help me.

A. Several ideas:
Cloth of any type will deaden sound; the fluffier the better. You could tack up some old comforters. You could use carpet padding. You could find a furniture store or warehouse that throws away styrofoam sheets and use that.

I would go with the carpet padding. If you hang it vertically you could staple it up with a minimum of holes, then cover it with cheap flat sheets for better aesthetic appeal. Walmart sells reasonably priced sheets individually packaged, and you can get the carpet padding from a discount carpet dealer.

I would also recommend getting a white noise machine. My husband used one for years when he worked midnight shift. It really helped deaden the neighborhood noises and allowed him to sleep through lawnmowers, kids , barking dogs, etc. He liked the ocean wave setting. Here's an example of a noise machine:

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-SU7-Sound-Therapy-Relaxation/dp/B000OCK9S2

Best wishes,
-Lady Di





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Cheap Insulation for an Apartment wall that not too hard to put up or take down down besides draperies?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP