Monday, April 22, 2013

How much will it cost to build a 1000 square foot guest house for the in-laws in Quincy, MA?

Q. Hi. I have in-laws during the summer break and then for winter holidays. As my kids are getting older the house is getting pretty cramped with so many people around. Anyway, I live in Quincy, MA and my back-yard has enough space to probably put in a 1000 square foot guest house there.

I'm thinking: it should have a living room, kitchen and eating area, bathroom, and one bedroom. I can put the bed room on a second floor.

Will $20,000 cover it? Or can someone give me a realistic figure?

Thanks in advance.

A. I used to own a construction company and you're looking at about $80-$120 a sq ft. depending on how nice you want it! This should cover materials, labor and all other costs like permits! Be sure to get that permit too because if you ever go to sell your home you will be asked to supply a permit for the work and if you don't supply one you will have to tear it down in order to sell the house!

Good luck!

P.S. If you get quotes from constractors never go with the lowest or ones that are incredibly different than the others (i.e. a lot lower, a lot higher) this means they have possibly left something out or their figures are wrong!


How should I decorate a hipster room?
Q. I wanna decorate my bedroom at my lake house because it still had my kid stuff in it. What should i do to make it look hipster?

A. well i recommend putting pictures all over the walls and cut out paper and make letters out of it and put quotes on wall also, and like get vintage vinyls and have them laying around
and lights from your christmas tree just hang them in your window lol(:


What Walt Disney quote should i put above my bed?
Q. The bedroom needs a touch of Disney, after all, we follow our dreams and are obsessed with Disney. Walt Disney always made the best quotes. there is this big unflattering im guessing 3x4' mural above the side of the bed and I am getting tired of seeing it. What Walt Disney quote or Disney character quote should I put over my bed?

A. I did something like that too! I felt a little bit little-kid-ish doing so, but now im totally thankful I did!

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.
-Cinderella

For every to, there is a fro, for every stop there is a go and that's what makes the world go round.
-The Sword and the Stone

Forever is a long long time and time has a way of changing things.
-Fox and the Hound

The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.
-The Lion King

I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day.

Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
-Mulan

Any of those? I realize that some of them were probebly not something you want on your wall, but maybe some variation of them? Or parts of them? I really hope you find a good one! even if its not one of these :)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much will it cost to build a 1000 square foot guest house for the in-laws in Quincy, MA?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP