Sunday, April 28, 2013

How many loads of laundry do you do per week? What's average?

Q. There are only two of us and it's about 5-6 full loads... we sort of pack the machine as much as we can. Any tips to minimize the amount of laundry?

A. I do only full loads of laundry, which, unfortunately, is not hard to do around here. I am a foster Mom and presently, am down to one little 14 yo, 2 dogs, and a mouse. We still manage to do 4-6 loads of laundry a week. The breakdown is as follows, towels (always plenty of them from showers, baths, company and the pool), bed linens (this includes sheets 1 x a week and other bed blankets, comforters and mattress pads 1x a month), Light colors, dark colors, and whites. This is as low as I can go without lowering the cleaning standards. If I have not got a full load, I might pull something a little early, say a curtain, or bedspread to make a load complete, but usually, I don't have to do that. I have made some changes to my laundry room recently, one was we added an outdoor clothesline near the pool, so some of the wet towels are simply being hung back on the line when we are done with them for a bit. I have family kids in and out all day long, so what if they have to use the same towel a couple of times while visiting and swimming? They'll live. With the foster daughter and myself, we have taken to using a bath towel 2-3 times (unless we've worked in the yard or something filthy) before tossing it in the wash. Also, I found some of those TurbyTwist tops for your hair at the $1 store, and I picked up a slew of those and give them to the fosters as a way to keep them from using a towel just for their hair and tossing each day in the laundry. Its their and they can hang it in the bath when they are done, and each one is a different color, so we know whose is whose on the floor! I'd say the new front loader is making a world of difference, clothes are cleaner with less water, the clothesline is making even mystery stains a thing of the past, the whites are coming out whiter in the sunshine and fresh air. And it all smells wonderful! I would encourage you to be careful of what is getting thrown in the laundry daily. If a shirt is worn to church for 2 hours, does it REALLY need to go in the laundry or can Junior wear it to school on Monday AND then toss into the laundry? Personal items should go in DAILY, bras u decide, panties and undies, DAILY! I come out of the bath into a towel and a bathrobe, and a Turby Twist and stand in front of the fan air drying while I put on jamas or an outfit. I don't need to use the towel to get ever nook and cranny, as it is pretty much dried by the time I slip something on. The Turby Twist goes back on the hook and the towel is hung up to dry. I only use it 2-4 times and then into laundry bin it goes. I know some people think you need to toss each one in, maybe for little ones who haven't really washed their personal parts maybe, but for those of us who know what a wash cloth is for, I am scrubbed clean, so the towel is only drying me enough I don't drip as I enter my bedroom, not to wipe my dirty fanny. Perhaps doing some things, such as throw rugs on an as needed basis? I was taking all the throw rugs in the house and doing them 1-2x a week, just because. I found it much better to do them as needed, or a minimum of 1x a week for the bath, to 1x a month for hallways, unless something appears needing it sooner. Hope this helps you get a grip on that laundry chore! Good luck!


I'm MoVInG out soon, What items am i goign to need to buy?
Q. I have nothing at all. ALl I have is a bed and my laptop. What kids of thing should I start shopping for now. I'm not on a budge, but I don't want to buy stuff I will not need. So far I have bought towels, sheets, and coverlets.

A. Kitchen--
pots and pans
dishes
glasses
silverware
dish cloths and towels
mixing bowls
baking dishs
caserole dishs
microwave
toaster
big mixing spoons and other utensils
spices
kitchen table and chairs

Bathroom--
towels
wash cloths
bath mat
shower curtain
tooth brush holder

Bedroom--
bed linens
comforter
pillows
night stand and small lamp
dresser
hangers

Living Room--
couch
chair
end tables/coffee table
lamps
TV
DVD/VCR player

Other--
cleaning supplies
decorations--pictures, mirrors, ect
laundry baskets
broom
mop
wastebaskets
laundry soap
dish soap
windex


Do you have a system for keeping your house clean?
Q. Mom of a 3 year old and 5 month old twins. I need a system of getting things done and getting my house clean too. Tell me what works at your home. Thanks!

A. I have a solution for you. I am a Mother of three with two young ones at home. I am also a professional house keeper and have my own cleaning business. Here is an idea of the system that I use at home and my house is always in good shape.

Everyday-

Kitchen: Dishes, clean and dry the sink, wipe the counters and stove, take out kitchen trash.

Bathroom: Use clorox wipes for counter top and toilets. Shine mirror and fixtures.

Livingroom/Dining/Family room: Pick up and vacuum everyday.

Bedrooms: Make bed everyday. (Try to teach older kids to do this by themselves) Make sure dirty clothes end up in hamper! :)

Laundry room: Do at least one load a day. I have a big household. So I do three a day. (It's a cake walk now)



Every week

All of the above except more detailed cleaning.


Kitchen: All of the above, but... clean floors.


Living/Dining/Family room: Dusting of all surfaces. Start at the top and work your way down. Celing to floor (Use a long wooly duster for high surfaces) Vac or mop as usual.

Bathrooms: Scrub out tubs/sinks/inside and outside of toilets and shine all fixtures after for an added sparkle, Clean floors throughly

Bedrooms: Change all bed linens, dust and vac

Laundry room: Wipe down all appliances and clean floor thoroughly.

Try to get the everyday things done while your children are occupied, at meal times, nap times, or playtimes. Finish it at night time if needed (When hubby gets home) You can do these things quickly. As long as they get done. (Doesn't have to be perfect) (Except for the dishes :) Play some music to clean to. Don't be afraid to dance a little along the way. :)
Cleaning does not have to be such a hard job. It's just a matter of upkeep. Doing a little everyday and focusing on the more difficult items first. (Get the rough stuff out of the way
first) If you have a lot of clutter, get it out of the way first. Then just do the everyday keep up and then it's pretty easy. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore advice. Cleaning is my area of expertise and I'd love to help you out anytime. ;) Smile





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many loads of laundry do you do per week? What's average?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP