Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Need help with painting my kids rooms?

Q. Currently the walls of my kids bedrooms are painted light blue and green. I need to change their bedroom cause they are bored of the same look for the past five years. I plan to put lemon yellow with grey. But I need info on how to remove the blue and green first. Please help as I plan to do the paint job myself.
The walls are painted and not wall papered

A. are the walls papered?
you can get a steamer and scrape the walls and paper using lining paper
and then paint

if i were you, if the paper is i tact i would paint the whole lot white
2 coats
and then do your lemon & grey on top
quicker, easier and cheaper


Can someone help me with ideas for a bright yellow bedroom?
Q. Im going to paint my room a bright and saturated yellow. I dont know what i want to do with bedding but i am leaning towards giraffe print. I want a metal headboard and maybe even a footboard. i want to incorporate a little bit of dance but i dont know if that will be too much. Any ideas for a nice fresh room?

A. I would say to not do the giraffe bedding. Stick with a dark brown, including moca colored furniture too.
Since you want to include dance you could get stencils to put above your Headboard that says "DANCER" or something like that.
I am not sure of your age (are you a kid, teenager, or adult) So I have to generalize a little. You could furnish your room with little knick-knacks that are related to dance. You could also hire someone to paint a mural on one wall of your choice that pertains to dance. if you really want the giraffe bedding i would make sure it has the same tones that are throughout your room. Also i would not go with a metal headboard, I don't believe it would match the overall vision you seem to want in your room.

Hope I helped!
Brianna


How to decorate a kids bedroom for both a boy n a girl?
Q. i have a 3 year old and a 8 month old how do i decorate their bedroom. Help Please?

A. hmm how about bugs? a bug theme? yellow/green? or aquatic? fish, sealife, etc. .blues, greens.


Can you tell me some ways to organize a kid's room in a pretty way?
Q. Can you tell me some ways to organize a kid's room in a pretty way?

A. Creating a jungle theme kids bedroom is an opportunity to use really fun colors and prints. Consider painting the room a fresh green or a bright yellow to provide a warm and exotic backdrop for the rest of the room's elements.

Instead of typical window treatments, think about getting some silk vines and foliage from the craft store and draping them around the windows as you would with a scarf curtain. Then perch stuffed parrots or monkeys nearby to round out the jungle canopy effect.

You can use jungle themed bedding, or simply use bright solids and stripes, and accent the room with throw pillows in animal-print fabrics. There are several sources for wall stickers in a jungle theme to add even more visual interest.

Fairy Tale Princess Themes

Many elements of décor for little girls' rooms lend themselves to dreaming of once upon a time and far, far away. From canopy beds to eyelet and lace and pale pink, you may already have many of the elements in place to make your daughter's room a real Princess's room. To bring the fantasy one or two step closer to reality, rely on some paint techniques and a few choice accessories.

Paint the ceiling a sky blue and sponge paint on some clouds; turn the walls of your girl's room into castle walls with faux painting techniques, and embellish them with stenciled runners of ivy � you can even add some silk ivy from the craft store for additional dimension. Swath tulle or silk flowers where you'd otherwise put a valance and curtains, and be sure to add a stuffed frog prince someplace in the room � just for a bit of whimsy!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Need help with painting my kids rooms?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP