Monday, January 21, 2013

How and where can I find a buyer for my house before September?

Q. I tried some of the companies which promise to buy houses but no one calls me back. My mortgage is current and I am in no danger of foreclosure. The house is in good shape, in a good neighborhood, taxes are 1600 and two different CMA priced it between 60 and 80K. There was flooding near me in 2006;my house, and the entire block it's on, did not flood but people don't know that unless they look at the flood map;it's also on a busy road. I'd like to move before Sept. when my kid starts school again and a regular person, not a buy houses company, offered me 65K for it but I absolutely can't afford to let it go for less than 68K since I have to pay off my mortgage and cover expenses to relocate (my reason for wanting to sell in the first place). 68K is dirt cheap because there are many things a person with money could do to improve it's value and resell (a 3rd bedroom, a pool, a cover for the patio). How and where can I find a buyer for my house before September when school starts?
House is listed for 72,900 and 68K is my rock bottom. I do have a realtor, which is part of the reason I can't take less than 68K. I have to pay the mortgage balance the realtor's percentage and get a place to live(Not selling to be homeless). The house outfits will not get their way. If I can't sell for 68, I 'll have to keep the house and stay here. 65K did not help me because it would have paid the mortgage and realtor and I would have been out on the street with my kid. Yes, it is 68K not 680K. I live in upstate NY in a suburban, ritzi area.

A. The buy your house places want a bargain and you want full price so they won't ever be interested.
Since it is worth 60-80 and you are mid range you can expect it to stay on the market until the right buyer who thinks your house the exactly what they want comes along. If you listed it at 68 you will get offers less than that so you will need to turn them down if you can't lower the price. If you are asking 80 you may not even get lookers.


How much does it cost to live in Hollywood?
Q. I'm doing a research about how much it costs to live in Hollywood and i wanted some help from Hollywood residents if they could tell me about those things ..

1) how much does the renting costs? if it's like a small apartment for college beginners
2) how much does the food cost? is it expensive?
3) how about the electricity and such? how much would a normal bill cost? water bills? and all.
anything from clothes to houses .. if you know anything at all it would help me :)

Thank you.

A. Hollywood is expensive for what you get. Expect to pay $900 for a low end single apartment, and $1200 for a 1 bedroom, but it won't be easy to find one at that price that is in an OK area. Hollywood is not a very safe area, even in the wealthy areas in the hills. I love Hollywood, lots of my friends still live there, I grew up there, but it's rather skeezy.

Food in LA is more expensive than most places in the country except maybe NY, NY. Add about 10 - 15+% to what you pay where you are. My friend from Miami was shocked at how expensive LA was for even basics like bread, and she shopped at low price stores here, and I've heard the same from others who move here. Nice restaurants tend to be expensive, as well as all kinds of entertainment. Generally, I pay about $16 per evening movie ticket, more for 3D.

Clothes are more expensive here too, but there are always sales, and we have all the cheaper stores with cute clothes like Forever 21 (although clothes may cost more here than elsewhere). You will need a car, or you can't really go out at night, our public transportation is not good, and you don't want to take it at night in Hollywood. Cabs are very expensive, everything is very spread out, even going 1/2 mile is $5 with tip. (Hurt my knee, so I couldn't walk or drive, and had to take my kid to his camp one summer, usually it was a less than 10 minute walk for us.) So include the cost for a car and insurance (mandatory) in your budget.

Electricity and Gas costs depends on how much you use and the size of your home. If you leave the air conditioner on all the time, you could end up with a $500 bill for a small apartment! But figure about $100 a month for a small apartment, either in electricity or gas, or a mix, depending on the season and your appliances. Water cost may be included in many apartment rents, if it's not, figure maybe $25 a month, more if you have a yard to water.

To buy a home in a decent, but not necessarily super safe (no where is in Hollywood) area in Hollywood Hills will cost from about $300,000 for a small condo, and $600,000 for a very small home, but there won't be much at those prices. It's more realistic to expect to spend $800,000+ for a small home that doesn't need a lot of work. Even in the ickiest areas of Hollywood one can expect to pay $500,000 and up for a small house.

Right now there are no jobs, even minimum wage entry level positions. A good entry level position is In N Out because it pays more than minimum wage. At $10 an hour, if you could get full time hours, you'd bring home less than $1500 a month. Almost impossible to live on. It is tough to live here without a good job, I would say $36,000 a year is living on a very tight budget, $50,000 is OK, but still small apartment, not a great car, no vacations, etc. $100,000 is middle class in LA, but you can't even afford to buy a nice, small house on that salary.

LA Safety http://www.lalife.com/ Click on Safety, and Map.

Good luck!


What did you like and dislike about Dragon Age 2?
Q. I see a lot of feedback that this game is a lot worse than the first. How? I just bought it and although I only played for about an hour, I liked it. Please no spoilers.

A. People dislike DA2 because it was different from origins, and it was rushed.

I, personally, felt a bit disappointed my first playthrough, which occurred immediately after finishing Origins. However, once I got my head around the game and actually stopped focusing on comparing it to Origins, I found it to be a good game.

I like that DA2 has a bit more of an original storyline to your classic save the world rpg. While the warden is pulled from their quiet little life to save the world from the blight, the champion is RUNNING for the hills from it. My only big issue with this is that the first act is centered entirely around the goal of earning money. This, for me, was not much inspiration as, as much as the character is supposed to love their family, I would've been just fine setting them up in an average home somewhere between lowtown and high town. I didn't really need nor want the two-bedroom mansion. And sending farmtown apostates/warriors into the deeproads for the sake of wealth didn't fill the bill with me after they'd obviously been content enough to live in Lothering for so long. Placing motivation aside, there were still interesting things to do and accomplish on your way to getting your lofty goal.

The world is part that did not impress me overly much. While I applaud bioware for trying to get us out of Fereldan to explore some more of Thedas, and the strange wall art and slave sculptures did indeed creep me out more than once (thank you hanging man), the re-use of so many locations over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... yeah, you get the idea. Or you will once you've played a bit longer. I don't mind if DA isn't an open world game (somewhat enjoy it actually), but that doesn't mean I enjoy when the world is as compact and revisited as this. I also found it confusing on more than one occasion when they used the scenery from inside one location in another location, just rearranged slightly. It caused me to pause more than once wondering if I'd accidentally gone the wrong way. Thank goodness for maps.

That aside, the graphics in this game were very much improved over the last game, although the character creator is extremely limited.

The Companions in the game... Could be amazing. The all have dark storylines to follow if you dig deep enough. However, the whole "talk to me twice every three years" thing takes away from it a lot. Their banter is just as good as the first game, though, and often times there is far more humorous moments between them. There is also far more crudeness (particularly with Isabela in the party) which, depending on your view, may or may not be a bad thing. The romance aspect got a bit botched up, I will say. With one companion in particular you go from "I don't want to hurt you." to "I would drown us in blood to keep you safe" to "I want you right here until the day we die." with not too much in between. It's still a part of the game I enjoy (what can I say, I'm a girl.. sucker for romance), but it was definitely compacted and sped through. I DO like that you can have rivalry or friendship with the companions, however. Gives you different sides to the same story.

The combat system is nice, and it is fast, which I like. I found it aggravating the way enemies seem to appear out of nowhere. Everytime you think a battle is done the game goes "Sorry! we were just kidding!" and drops another thug on your head. The animations are interesting to watch, though.

I also really enjoyed their integration of the Qunari. I don't consider this a spoiler since you should already know that the Qunari are there. It's nice to see a deeper look into one of biowares more unique and sorely neglected races.

I honestly didn't feel that my choices had no weight like a lot of people. Yes, you still end up at the same basic point at the end of the game, but the same can be said for dragon age-- No matter what you do, you're gonna end up fighting the Archdemon in a war of the darkspawn vs the humans/elves/dwarves/etc. In DA2, no matter what you do, you're gonna end up at the game's climax. Maybe people complain because the climax isn't made obvious like it is in DA:O. This doesn't mean that all the little choices you make along the way don't mean anything, they just aren't mentioned as thoroughly in the epilogue as they were in origins. Which is understandable to me because DA2 is not a standalone game like Origins was. Origins was taking the chance of being the one and only Dragon Age Game when it was released. Dragon Age 2 is already a sequel, and looking to be a prequel, so expecting it to act like a standalone is kind of ridiculous.

All in all, while some things did bother me about the game, as I said, once I got used to them it really was an enjoyable game, one I have played through more than once, and look forward to playing through again.


How to backpack through a country?
Q. I would like to backpack through another country. But I'm not sure what to bring or how do to it.

A. Hi Cassie,

First you need a back pack. Bring a pair of jeans, 4 shirts, a sweater and 6 pairs of underwear and 6 pairs of socks. Bring a small bottle of shampoo and your tooth brush. Your backpack will be almost full by this point. Next, choose which country you are going to backpack through.

Read about the country you would like to visit. Find out which areas would you like to go through and if there are any events you'd like to be a part of or historical sites you'd like to see. Once you have the regions and cities you'd like to see, it's time to prepare accommodation. For this part you've got to research hostels.

There are basically three types of hostels and they look something like this:

1. The lovely hostel: This hostel is probably run by a single mom or an old person and is in an big, five bedroom house. Boarders are quiet and polite students, and you basically feel like you're at home. The place has some solid rules (we expect boarders to respect on another, boarders must smoke outside) and has a good website.

2. The corporate hostel: This is basically something like HI hostel (Hostel International). Is in a huge building with boarding rooms that automatically lock. Instead of sharing a room with four people you might be sharing a room with seventeen. Instead of a key you are given a card that you swipe in order to get in. These hostels are usually full of bizarre hippies and obnoxious, drunken rich kids from Australia or Europe who are on a tour during their "gap year". The former will ask you if it's alright if they burn incense and the later will wake you up at 3am. An attendant will eventually tell them to be quiet- around 4am. These hostels are impersonal and can be stressful but they are the most common type and are manageable.

3. The scary hostel: Like the lovely hostel, this sketchy hostel is also run out of a house instead of a building. These are usually run by young couples. Your host will drink with boarders and be totally creepy. Your host might do something like tell you all about his drug experiences in Paraguay whilst humping the corner of a table and drooling because he's are in a drunken stupor. Avoid these hostels at all costs.

Hostels are usually like $25 to $30 dollars a night. That's not much compared to a hotel which is like $130 a night.

Next you need to get a hold of a map of the country you're visiting, plus maps of cities you'll stay in. Figure out the transit system through research.

You can book hostels online. It's important to reserve and show up on time. Some have private rooms that cost only a bit more than the shared rooms. In not so busy areas these rooms are often available but in busy areas they are usually booked up for the entire year.

Have fun on your adventure!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How and where can I find a buyer for my house before September?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP