Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Which neighborhoods are the best for a family to live in Eugene, OR?

Q. We will be moving to Eugene, Oregon and renting NOT buying. We want to know which neighborhoods would be best for a family with two young kids.

A. I lived in Eugene for 4 years while attending university and very much endorse the city! Thankfully your rent prices will be pretty low as compared to other areas, when I was there a few years ago we had a 2 bedroom apartment for $400/month inc. utilities - and that was in the University district which was considerably more expensive.

I recommend areas south and west of the U of O campus and the area that encompasses Coburg and Harlow road. The city of Eugene has an interactive neighborhood map that shows the school districts and other facilities and amenities located within each earea: http://www.eugene-or.gov.

Great place to live, and make sure you bring rain gear!


How do I survive the next 3 days?
Q. I am stuck in a 2 bedroom cabin with 2 lil' kids, a self righteous hypocritical grandmother, my aunt and uncle and my dad for a family reunion. They keep making me wake up at the butt crack of dawn, to do NOTHING, And making me do activity's that I hate. Like being in a crowd (I hate loud noises, loudness in general and crowds.
So, how do I stay calm and survive the next 3 days?

A. Sounds like it's time to grab a map, some water and a bite to eat and take some day hikes to a local lookout, stream or trail.

That's what I did when I was 15 and sent to stay the summer with my step-mother, step sister and family. I'd hike up into the local mountains in the morning and spend the afternoon cooling my toes in a mountain stream.

If it's a family reunion, there is probably a cousin about your age somewhere around who's feeling the same. Find them.


How and where can I find a buyer for my house before September?
Q. I tried some of the companies which promise to buy houses but no one calls me back. My mortgage is current and I am in no danger of foreclosure. The house is in good shape, in a good neighborhood, taxes are 1600 and two different CMA priced it between 60 and 80K. There was flooding near me in 2006;my house, and the entire block it's on, did not flood but people don't know that unless they look at the flood map;it's also on a busy road. I'd like to move before Sept. when my kid starts school again and a regular person, not a buy houses company, offered me 65K for it but I absolutely can't afford to let it go for less than 68K since I have to pay off my mortgage and cover expenses to relocate (my reason for wanting to sell in the first place). 68K is dirt cheap because there are many things a person with money could do to improve it's value and resell (a 3rd bedroom, a pool, a cover for the patio). How and where can I find a buyer for my house before September when school starts?
House is listed for 72,900 and 68K is my rock bottom. I do have a realtor, which is part of the reason I can't take less than 68K. I have to pay the mortgage balance the realtor's percentage and get a place to live(Not selling to be homeless). The house outfits will not get their way. If I can't sell for 68, I 'll have to keep the house and stay here. 65K did not help me because it would have paid the mortgage and realtor and I would have been out on the street with my kid. Yes, it is 68K not 680K. I live in upstate NY in a suburban, ritzi area.

A. The buy your house places want a bargain and you want full price so they won't ever be interested.
Since it is worth 60-80 and you are mid range you can expect it to stay on the market until the right buyer who thinks your house the exactly what they want comes along. If you listed it at 68 you will get offers less than that so you will need to turn them down if you can't lower the price. If you are asking 80 you may not even get lookers.


What did you like and dislike about Dragon Age 2?
Q. I see a lot of feedback that this game is a lot worse than the first. How? I just bought it and although I only played for about an hour, I liked it. Please no spoilers.

A. People dislike DA2 because it was different from origins, and it was rushed.

I, personally, felt a bit disappointed my first playthrough, which occurred immediately after finishing Origins. However, once I got my head around the game and actually stopped focusing on comparing it to Origins, I found it to be a good game.

I like that DA2 has a bit more of an original storyline to your classic save the world rpg. While the warden is pulled from their quiet little life to save the world from the blight, the champion is RUNNING for the hills from it. My only big issue with this is that the first act is centered entirely around the goal of earning money. This, for me, was not much inspiration as, as much as the character is supposed to love their family, I would've been just fine setting them up in an average home somewhere between lowtown and high town. I didn't really need nor want the two-bedroom mansion. And sending farmtown apostates/warriors into the deeproads for the sake of wealth didn't fill the bill with me after they'd obviously been content enough to live in Lothering for so long. Placing motivation aside, there were still interesting things to do and accomplish on your way to getting your lofty goal.

The world is part that did not impress me overly much. While I applaud bioware for trying to get us out of Fereldan to explore some more of Thedas, and the strange wall art and slave sculptures did indeed creep me out more than once (thank you hanging man), the re-use of so many locations over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... yeah, you get the idea. Or you will once you've played a bit longer. I don't mind if DA isn't an open world game (somewhat enjoy it actually), but that doesn't mean I enjoy when the world is as compact and revisited as this. I also found it confusing on more than one occasion when they used the scenery from inside one location in another location, just rearranged slightly. It caused me to pause more than once wondering if I'd accidentally gone the wrong way. Thank goodness for maps.

That aside, the graphics in this game were very much improved over the last game, although the character creator is extremely limited.

The Companions in the game... Could be amazing. The all have dark storylines to follow if you dig deep enough. However, the whole "talk to me twice every three years" thing takes away from it a lot. Their banter is just as good as the first game, though, and often times there is far more humorous moments between them. There is also far more crudeness (particularly with Isabela in the party) which, depending on your view, may or may not be a bad thing. The romance aspect got a bit botched up, I will say. With one companion in particular you go from "I don't want to hurt you." to "I would drown us in blood to keep you safe" to "I want you right here until the day we die." with not too much in between. It's still a part of the game I enjoy (what can I say, I'm a girl.. sucker for romance), but it was definitely compacted and sped through. I DO like that you can have rivalry or friendship with the companions, however. Gives you different sides to the same story.

The combat system is nice, and it is fast, which I like. I found it aggravating the way enemies seem to appear out of nowhere. Everytime you think a battle is done the game goes "Sorry! we were just kidding!" and drops another thug on your head. The animations are interesting to watch, though.

I also really enjoyed their integration of the Qunari. I don't consider this a spoiler since you should already know that the Qunari are there. It's nice to see a deeper look into one of biowares more unique and sorely neglected races.

I honestly didn't feel that my choices had no weight like a lot of people. Yes, you still end up at the same basic point at the end of the game, but the same can be said for dragon age-- No matter what you do, you're gonna end up fighting the Archdemon in a war of the darkspawn vs the humans/elves/dwarves/etc. In DA2, no matter what you do, you're gonna end up at the game's climax. Maybe people complain because the climax isn't made obvious like it is in DA:O. This doesn't mean that all the little choices you make along the way don't mean anything, they just aren't mentioned as thoroughly in the epilogue as they were in origins. Which is understandable to me because DA2 is not a standalone game like Origins was. Origins was taking the chance of being the one and only Dragon Age Game when it was released. Dragon Age 2 is already a sequel, and looking to be a prequel, so expecting it to act like a standalone is kind of ridiculous.

All in all, while some things did bother me about the game, as I said, once I got used to them it really was an enjoyable game, one I have played through more than once, and look forward to playing through again.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which neighborhoods are the best for a family to live in Eugene, OR?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP