Monday, December 24, 2012

What would be a good decor scheme for a bedroom shared by 3 year old girl and baby boy?

Q. We're having a baby boy and for the time being (until we get a bigger place) my 3 year old daughter and he will share a room. My daughter already has everything decked out in pink and full of princess accessories. I haven't bought my crib set or anything like that for my boy yet. How could I have them share a room and have it all tie in together so it doesn't look like one side is for a boy and one for a girl? I'm also looking for relativley affordable options, since they will probably only share for one year at the most. And my paint options are limited. I would have to go with something nuetral so I can easily paint it back to white before we move again, or maybe put up a border to dress up the walls.

A. Try a nature theme. Blues, pinks, purples, greens and yellows with rainforest animals, farm life or underwater life is gender non specific. These themes will "grow up" with your kids and not be outdated in a few years.


How can I decorate a bedroom that is used for a boy and a girl?
Q. I have a little boy and a little girl that are a year apart. Right now they are 1 and 2. I dont know how to decorate their room. I am trying to find a theme and colors. Any organization tips are welcome to. They have so many toys and their bedroom always looks cluttered even when I clean it. I am a first time mom and a first time house buyer. I have no idea how to decorate their room. Please help!!! Thank you!!!

A. great bedroom ideas for kids sharing bedrooms
http://kidsthemebedrooms.com/shared-bedrooms/decorating-shared-bedrooms.html

Great theme bedroom decorating ideas, pictures and fun decor
http://kidsthemebedrooms.com


What ideas are good decor ideas for a teen girls bedroom?
Q. I am getting bored with my old bold green room, I am looking for a newer, cheap, and modern look.

A. A lot depends on what the girls like. Are they into sports or still in the girly look? It is always a good idea to have a place for makeup and desks for working so can you find a place to work them in? Might even have bunk beds to be able to get more floor space for desk. If you can do 2 desks so each girl has their own area, they can double as computer and homework place and also makeup spot. but each girl needs her own. Maybe even check out dorms and build it more like a college dorm. There they have 2 twin beds and then usually 2 desks, one for each and a closet each. That is about all that goes in a room. A book shelf or even a hutch over the desk is good to put keepsakes and books and supplies. You may be able to pick up desks and huth at a consignment store or a thrift store. I got mine there at the senior center thrift store. You might be able to let them share a printer if the desks are side by side or you have a wireless printer (wireless not in electric but in connection to computer. If girls are going to collee, as they near it you might consider a laptop for each. Some families like to keep the computer in a family area rather than bedrooms though because of the stuff on the internet and they can monitor them.

As to colors, you can keep walls neutral and decoraete using posters or prints. No more princess stuff for teens, but do include fluffy pillows for the beds. If there is space, separate rooms is nice for teir friends to visit.

You can even do a diagonal line across two opposing walls and paint one side one color and one use the diagonal lines to divide the colors and the colors extend for their side only. Then soften it with curtains that pick up both colors and also using posters or framed prints on the walls to break it up. Can do the same with neutral walls. There are also stencils you can put around the top of a room. I did some roses and purple star flwoers with green leaves and it was like an arbor almost and the kids called the room the rose room or the princess room as they felt like princesses in there. But walls were white. I had spreads with big red peonies that almost looked like roses and it had purple star flowers and green leaves so the roses which were very full, looked almost like the spreads and I used red and purple and green in the room. The carpet was even white and I used wool oriental rugs by the bed and a stained glass lamp shade with roses and a Grecian girl brass base. Had to call it the rose room when any of the fewer boys ame to stay. Or let the girls stay there and the boys could stay on sofa or in the big blue big chairwith ottoman. Unfortunaately we have downsized now and don't have all the space we did then as we went to a small cottage and a mobile home. But you might find a stencil the girls like and put it on the walls, either in random patterns or as a border at the top or even dropped down a bit as mine was. I did the stencils around and then did just the roses and no star flowers about every 3rd one above it as it needed soemthing else. I hope I have photos someplace. I haven't caught up with photos since they went into storage.

Good luck in finding something lovely and feminine and yet very practical for the girls.


How to decorate a room I have to share with an 8 year old boy? (read the deets)?
Q. Im a 15 year old girly girl & I have to share a room with my little brother who's 8 1/2. My stepmom is letting us redo it. Here's the thing, the room isn't super big, but it's not small. So like medium. I don't want the room to be all kiddish ya know? And he doesn't want girly. So how in hell do we mix an 8 year old boy & 15 year old girl's tastes?? -___- D:

A. Emma, by law both you and your brother and you need separate rooms.

But in the mean time, look at living room decor. So look in "Google Images" for "living room wall paper" and "interior wallpaper". A lot of living room decor you will find very neutral if you are trying to mature a childhood bedroom into a teen/adult bedroom and if you have to share a room with another sibling with a child with kid type tastes, and you are trying to find a compromise.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What would be a good decor scheme for a bedroom shared by 3 year old girl and baby boy?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP