Monday, December 24, 2012

Can you help me with ideas for my childrens bedroom?

Q. I have 2 girls. 1 and 3. My 1 year old is almost 2 but very advanced for her age. She speaks very clearly. My 3 year old will be 4 july4th. The theme is dora & puppies. What kind of beds should I use? Twin over full bunkbed? my 3 yr old is tall she looks and talks like a 5 yr old.. So she'll be needing something like a twin? Bit will that look right?? Any ideas?

A. I would get twin beds or if the room is big enough full size beds or twin boards that can convert to full. Girls, unlike boys, tend to tire of the whole bunk bed idea quick.

Also, I might be biased because I now have 3 girls and 2 boys and buying bedroom furniture over and over isn't part of the plan or budget..lol I use bedding to kiddie up their rooms.

Using your theme, I would go for something like this where the bedding isn't exactly the same for their beds, but coordinated (scroll to the pink set).
http://cimots.com/bed-design/kids-twin-beds-ideas-in-various-themes-bedroom.html

I get decals from here:
http://www.landofnod.com/kids-beds/kids-�

Here are some bedroom sets. Personally, I bought my mattresses locally because I wanted to see the quality and knew I could bargain with them on the price since I was buying more than one set:
http://www.bedroomfurniture.com/Kids-Bed�
http://www.kidsfurnituremart.com/kids-be�
http://www.cymax.com/Bedroom-Sets-Kids--�


Do you think I can transition my son to a toddler bed?
Q. My son just turned 13 months. He currently co sleeps with me and my husband. This wasn't our ideal situation, but I could never get him to sleep in his crib. I've been thinking about transitioning him to a toddler bed, only because we are sleeping on a full sized mattress and things are cramped. Do you think he is old enough to sleep in a toddler bed? I think he would sleep much better at night if he had his own space.

A. He might be old enough, it depends on the child, if he'll stay in the bed, then it's fine, but if he keeps gettin outta it (as alotta kids that age prolly would) then yea it prolly is too early. Maybe try it to see if it works out and if it doesn't put him back into bed with u or into his crib, and if he doesn't like it and wants to go back to the toddler bed than tell him he can go back to the toddler bed when he learns to stay in it, maybe keep it set up and keep tryin it til he'll stay in it. Oh and while ur tryin it i'd put a baby gate up in his bedroom dorrway just so he can't wonder around anywhere but his room. Not sure if it'll work since he is awfully young, but tryin wouldn't hurt. Hope this helps and good luck, :D.


Where can I buy a teen bedroom set with trundle bed?
Q. I want a white or black bed that is a trundle. I cant find cute ones anywhere! Or do you know where they sell cute full sized beds?

*must be low cost* :)

A. http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X3.aspx?DeptID=57087&CatID=57096&cm_mmc=Google-_-G_Furniture-_-G_Furniture_Kids-_-trundle%20beds
http://www.humbleabode.com/Trundle-Beds?gclid=CLGxnqKsuZYCFQNaFQodjHkSMQ&partner=002-003
http://www.google.com/products?q=trundle+beds&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-42,GGGL:en&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title
http://www.trundlebedstore.com/
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3733211
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/search.aspx?query=trundle
http://www.namebrandbeds.com/trundle-beds.html?gclid=COSp8NysuZYCFQSPFQodtkxVLg
Hopefully, you can find something you like here.


Do you change your home decor every season?
Q. Spring is almost here...what type of steps do you take to create a more spring atmosphere/ summer feel in your home?

For example: Putting out some bunnies, changing your wreath/doormat, your center piece in the living room? Tell me some tips! Thanks! I'm 26, I'm sure I have lots to learn still. :-)

A. I love decorating my house for every season, I always did it since my boys were little kids. Now they are 21 and 23 and they get home asking when the new decoration will be on. I decorate the whole house during christmas. I even change the pictures hanging on the walls. I put up 3 to 5 xmas trees in different rooms. The traditional one goes in the living room, the informal one goes in the family room. A small one goes on the kitchen counter with cookie cutters hanging from the branches. In the entrance a mid size one uses also traditional decorations and when my kids were small I put a mid size one in every room with decorations they made. I even decorate the bedrooms and the bathrooms.
For valentines I decorate the entrance door with a wreath in a form of a heart full of silk flowers. I change the tablecloth on the dining table to a red one with hearts and I set the table with hearts decorations,since we usually celebrate Valentine's dinner at home. I put red and white candles everywhere, all the small round table are decorated with red or red and white tablecloths. Even the kitchen towels and the apron is changed for every season.
For Easter, I change the wreath to an appropiate one, the tablecloths around the house. I put bunnies and special dessert plates to decorate and I change the decorations on the piano and other tables.\
I also change it for summer, then for the "Back to School" season, (I am a teacher) and for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I change towels, aprons, kitchen towels, everything I can it helps me get in the mood. I have collected all the decorations during the years and in discount stores usually off season. I put them away in plastic boxes that are identified with the season.
Try it, it will please you so much you will keep on doing it and adding new things every year.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you help me with ideas for my childrens bedroom?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP