Sunday, December 9, 2012

What do i do about the slugs in my bedroom and the ants in my kitchen?

Q. I have a downstairs bedroom in my rubbish student house and now the slugs are moving in to keep me company. i have no idea where they are coming from! how do i get rid of them?

I also discovered ants in our kitchen today - great...
We're pretty clean in the kitchen, being a house of girls.
Once again, no idea how they're getting in... How can i get rid of them? :(

Thank you!

A. Ants; Get a product called "Terro". It's a clear thick liquid that comes in an orange box you can find in any grocery store or hardware or Walmart. Squeeze a couple drops on a small square of cardboard and shove the squares in the areas you see the ants, and also places they travel. The ants swarm around the Terro and take it back to their nests. It contains boric acid powder in a syrup, which kills the ants and the whole colony in a couple days. Works wonderfully. Keep it away from kids and pets.

Slugs: There are several cures for them. First, remove any debris they may be hiding in; leaf clutter, dead plants, molding carpet, etc.
Next, sprinkle some diatomaceous earth powder as a barrier in every entrance. You can get this fairly cheaply at any pool supply company because it's used in pool filters. This is the crushed calcium skeletons of tiny one-celled sea animals called diatoms. It's completely non-toxic to people and pets, but rips apart the soft bodies of slugs and snails. You can also pour a trail of table salt; they won't cross that either. Some people also swear by a mason jar lid full of beer. The slugs are attracted to the beer and drown in it. I've never had any luck with that method.


What electronics do you allow your kids to have in their rooms?
Q. What electronics do you allow your children to have in their bedrooms? I am debating on weather or not to allow my 11 year old and 9 year old to have computers with internet access in their rooms or not. I would put blocks on them, and keep an eye on them as much as possible without always being in their rooms, but I still don't know. Opinons would be awesome, thanks :]

A. my 9 year old has her own computer but it is right here next to mone where i can watch her and know whats going on . i would never allow one in her room because kids will find a way around blocks and such, and i know a little about computers and how they work, i used to build them for a living until i closed my shop down. so its not even a matter of not knowing how to lock them out effectively, but there is always a way around it, and a kid will be the one to find it.

she has her tv, dvd, ps2, cd player, all that stuff back there thats no biggie as long as you dont let them live back there on them, but she would rather be in here with me doing things most of the time anyhow, i find that if a kid has them in their room with what they think is free access, it seems to become alot less of a big deal to them and they hardly pay attention to it.

and for the poster above, you cant keep all the fun stuff out of their room just for the purpose of grounding them in there, thats not fair. ill ground her to MY room lol.


How do I get rid of Sugar Ants in a Kid Friendly manner?
Q. There are sugar ants in my children's room, and cannot seem to find why. I think they are coming through the window sill, but they are right next to my sons bed! Ahhh! I have moved him away from sleeping in it, but need suggestions on how to deter them without putting my son in harms way. I have searched for food that I have missed that they may be after but cannot find anything. HELP!

A. The borax trick is a great way to bait them and hopefully kill the entire nest, but it usually takes many repeated attempts to kill them all off. If you want to deter them from the bedroom then take some white vinegar and mix with water in a 1:4 ratio. Spray this solution around anywhere the ants can come in. Repeat this on a daily basis for a week. The vinegar smell will dissipate in less than an hour but the acetic acid will remain and keep them out of anywhere it's been sprayed.


What is an average electric bill for a 3 bedroom house in orlando?
Q. I am looking to move to Orlando next year and I need to see how much, on average, a 3 bedroom house will cost in electric. We will have no pool and 4 kids (if that makes much of a difference). Thank you.

A. hello
it really depends on how you set your thermostat in your home.this part might sound weird but it also depends on what power company you have. florida power progress energy and winter park utilities tend to be a bit more then OUC ( Orlando utitlies ). I have a small 2 bedroom home and my bill averages like 150 summer and 75 during the cooler months.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do i do about the slugs in my bedroom and the ants in my kitchen?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP