Saturday, December 29, 2012

What Colors To Paint Our New Home?

Q. Me and my husband just proudly bought our first home and we are looking for advice on paint colors. What is Nice and refreshing, yet will not outdate. We want to be quite colorful (not just white) without being 'Oh My' (if you know what i mean). For Master bedroom, Guest rooms, Family room, kitchen, lounge room, bathroom (Pretty Much the entire house lol). And theme ideas for 3 year olds. Was thinking of the disney film Cars but they outgrow that kind of thing pretty quick, as parents would know.

All ideas, opinions are greatly appreciated!

A. My parents LOVE magnolia (like a creamy light-yellow colour) Bathroom- Mabye blue, water etc.
Bedrooms- Should be dark colours, or in the summer you probably wont sleep!, mabye dark blue, i love it!
Kids bedroom- Ask them what they like and even let them help you decorate it, that should avoid any problems.


What's the best way to find a new place in a certain area you're not familiar with?
Q. Besides driving around to look? I can't really get out because my husband takes the car to work all day and I'm here with our kids. So I sort of need to look online and I'm trying to find a place for us to move by February. (It's stressful!) What's the best way to look for a new place? Reputable websites BESIDES craigslist? Thank you in advance.

A. Web sites might be a good place to find an apartment or house to rent, if you want to go through the entire list to find one in your state and then city.

The best place to look for places to rent is to go to the yellow pages of your telephone book, look under property managers.

These individuals list properties for rent in certain areas, so make sure you select the areas in which you wish to rent.

Call several of the property managers listed there, tell them you want a list of properties that they have for rent. Some will fax, email or mail the list of local places to rent along with the address, number of bedrooms and bath rooms, amenities available, such as washer and dryers or gyms, the monthly rental of the unit. Most will include a rental application. These list will include the monthly rental required, if a lease or month to month agreement will be signed. They will also indicate if they will accept Section 8 vouchers. They will also indicate it they have disabled access, allow pets and if so the type allowed.

They might indicate a web site that you might visit to get their list of places to rent. It does not cost to get a rental list from a reputable property manager.

Some will require you to stop by their office and pick up the list. A lot of them post their list outside so the list are available 24/7 365.

Make sure you don't fall for the scams and purchase a list as 70%-80% of these list are composed of free list they have compiled. They are not the property managers of any property in most instances.

You might also google Property managers in whatever city or community you want to live in and see what comes up. Again do not pay for this information as it is free from reliable property managers.

I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"


Is it okay to have 2 kids share a room?
Q. We are expecting baby #2 here soon. We live in a 2 bedroom house (moving is not an option). My husband and I in 1 room and our two year old daughter in the other room. My question is, would it be "okay" to have our 2 year old and our new baby (even if it is a boy) share the same room? They'll probably be sharing a room for at least the next 6 or 7 years too, as moving is not an option for us for at least that long. Also, how would you decorate a shared room for a boy and girl? Anyone in this same situation? How did you make it work? Did your other child bother the baby? How do nap times work at your house? Thanks in advance everyone and God bless!

A. Sure, it is fine to have two children share a room. I would not however put a new born in with anyone other than myself. I always had my kids with me in a cradle or bassinet until they were able to sleep through the night and lift their head on their own. (Call me paranoid, but I always liked to have them where I could just reach out and check them.)

I have a younger brother (by 15 months) and we shared a room until I was in the third grade (about 8 or 9 yrs old).
My mom "did" out room in all primary colors. My brother's fav color was red and mine was blue. He had all red stuff I had all blue and the walls were white and we had lots of big shapes on the walls in yellow, green, purple, red and blue. It was really cool and suitable for us. Especially when you added in all the stuff animals, trucks, dolls and books. Be creative, have fun with it!!

I have three girls and two of them always shared a room until we finally got a house with enough rooms for everyone. So really, it's no big deal. As far as nap time goes, well when mine were little the baby slept in the pack 'n play when we were downstairs and cradle or bassinet when we were upstairs....the nap time routine for the older one always stayed the same.

FYI when you come home from the hospital let your hubby carry the baby in...make sure you have open arms for your older child. Also to avoid jelousely make sure you carve out at least a few minutes every day with out the baby for you and your older child. Even if it is something simple like helping you fold clothes, make a grocery list, color a picture, or reading a book. Good luck & Congrats. Remember don't sweat the small stuff!!


How can I make my bedroom look more mature?
Q. I'm gonna be 16 in a few days and I keep thinking my bedroom looks really childish. How can I make it look more mature? My walls are light yellow and the furniture is cream with wood accents. I love the bedrooms in Pottery Barn (but not PB teens!)
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to buy new furniture or paint/wallpaper my walls...

A. It's not the wall color or the furniture - it's the accents. First check out some design magazines for ideas, then look into new fabrics for curtains, bedspreads and throw pillows. Put the kid clutter (your sentimental stuff) into storage bins or decorated boxes (you can make your own by covering lidded boxes with wallpaper or contact paper) and put a plant in your room. A throw rug and chair can create an "adult" sitting area in your room.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What Colors To Paint Our New Home?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP