Thursday, December 20, 2012

Poll: What does your dream house look like?

Q.

A. A mini mansion in a suburban utopia. Witha fire place in the master bedroom, a personal office for the man of the house, and a fully decked out basement, a high tech laundry room with products from Kenmore, and fully furnished kitchen with the best of the best products. I don't care a bout pools, but I'd like a nice garden with tulips and roses. A little playground for the kids, and maybe a treehouse. A guest bedroom, and lounge for greeting.


What's something you've always dreamed of for yourself?
Q. Mine's a huge log house out in the quiet part of the country, close to the woods with a wonderful yard for all the kids and family to play in.

A. Mine is sort of similar to yours...
A treehouse ala Swiss Family Robinson with the bedroom ceiling that opens for nighttime star-gazing...
Aaaaah...doesn't that sound peaceful???


Bedrooms for twins?
Q. I have g/b twins who are almost two. For their birthday we want to give them separate rooms. Our house has 5 bedrooms, one for me an dmy husband, one for our daughter, one for our son, one for our twins when they are born, and the other on is a playroom.

How do you think we should decorate the rooms.
Katie likes princesses and Disney. Zach likes trucks and construction vehicles. We were thinking of paintings Katie's room pink and Zach's room blue. Can you give us some ideas on painting and decorating. Money is not a concern.

A. I agree with KarateJenn! I am so jealous that you have 4 wonderful sweethearts, 5 rooms and can spend to decorate anyway you want to!

I had to go a lot more downscale for my son (2), but had SO much fun doing it!

Try to keep in mind that you want to create a room they can grow into, as well as one that they can use now. (For example, I did a classic Winnie the Pooh theme for my son's nursery, but I kept the Pooh in the decorations. The ceiling is a soft, water-color look sky and a big tree on the wall incorporates a pine loft in the room. Then, I used Pooh decorations and accents. This way I can remove the decorations as he gets older and turn the loft into a Boys Only treehouse or whatever he wants.)

PotteryBarn Kids is fantastic if money is no object. Their construction and truck sheet sets are fantastic.

Try buying an extra sheet set, and, if you are handy with a sewing machine, cut out trucks and cars on the sheets, double them up, sew them like a pocket and stuff them. Then, you have matching stuffed friends to go with the sheet set!

For Zach - Try doing a very simple mural. Bottom half of the room dark blue, top half light blue. Make the line btw the halfs curvy rather than straight. Find or make paper truck decorations and cloud decorations. Put the trucks on the wall as if they are going up and down the curvy "hills" and the clouds on the light blue "sky." As he gets older, you can easily remove the paper decorations.

For Katie - If she likes princesses, do it up! Pale pink walls, flowy sheer curtains. And, what about a fancy white armoire with mirrors on the doors so she can dress up. I'd personally stay away from too much Disney stuff. (I love disney, but I think it can get out of control with decorations... the princess stuff always looks a little tacky.) Try looking at ikea. They have some great sheer "tents." It's this sheer, light, fluffy material that hangs from a ring attached to the ceiling. It makes the perfect place for hiding out and waiting for Prince Charmings!

If not princesses, I always loved the idea of a garden room. You can do the room with green paint up to about 2 feet and then pale blue on the upper walls and ceiling for sky... or just a pretty pale green all the way up. Then, make a flat small picket fence and brad nail it to one wall. Behind the fence make or purchase artificial flowers. Butterfly decorations could hang from the ceiling.

Check out DIYnet.com They have some good idea starters for kids rooms. (Or at least they used to... I looked there for painting techniques when I did my sons room.)

Have fun! I love this stuff... I always thought I should start a business coming up with ideas for kids rooms. I'd do it all day if I could!


old school kid computer games?
Q. well i guess not that old school but i remember playing this game when i was little and all i remember about it was like a brother and sister and they wore red and white striped shirts and overalls and you could play an unscramble game in their bedroom and you could play games in their kitchen and out back and they had a garden....i dont know its driving me crazy..

A. Broderbund wrote a lot of similar games (my children love one called "treehouse"). Sounds like one of theirs.

I do not specifically remember yours, though. Hope this helps.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Poll: What does your dream house look like?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP