Sunday, December 23, 2012

Is there a recommended paint or specific type of paint I should use for painting designs in bedrooms?

Q. Example, If I were to paint Airplanes in a kids bedroom or Fruit in a kitchen.

A. Latex.


Need help with painting my kids rooms?
Q. Currently the walls of my kids bedrooms are painted light blue and green. I need to change their bedroom cause they are bored of the same look for the past five years. I plan to put lemon yellow with grey. But I need info on how to remove the blue and green first. Please help as I plan to do the paint job myself.
The walls are painted and not wall papered

A. are the walls papered?
you can get a steamer and scrape the walls and paper using lining paper
and then paint

if i were you, if the paper is i tact i would paint the whole lot white
2 coats
and then do your lemon & grey on top
quicker, easier and cheaper


Can one paint copies of Disney Characters on walls as murals?
Q. I have a friend who copied some Disney characters onto my kids bedroom wall. They're so good I think he should do it professionally. He can obviously copy just about anything, but says he isn't much good doing his own work. We suggested he approach hospitals and schools to see if he could paint cartoon characters on their walls, but aren't sure how to find out whether or not this is an infringement of any copyright laws. Obviously don't want to do anything illegal. This is in the UK by the way.

A. Disney characters are copyrighted worldwide. If this is done for money, it maybe illegal as Disney isn't making any money off of it. In most cases, a product has to be licensed. The safest thing to do would be to contact the Disney people & ask them.


If I paint a Disney character on someones wall can I be paid for that without infringing copyright laws?
Q. If for example, someone wanted me to paint Mickey Mouse on their kids bedroom wall, is it legal to be paid for that??? I am not "selling" the characters image to the public. I know you can if it is for personal use with no intention to sell it, wouldn't I be selling my painting skills since it isn't to the "public"?

A. That company really likes to protect their images even if they are based on their stuff. There was a guy that ran a non profit home haunt that he used to collect money for charity. (Sorry can't remember his name right now.) Anyway, he made his own versions of the talking statues in the Haunted Mansion. His local Disney store asked to borrow them to help promote the store and he got sued by Disney.

There's a towing company over in Sumpter, South Carolina that just went through a ton of crap because they had an old tow truck out back they made look like "Mater" to use in parades and stuff.

Chances are they will never find out because like you said, it's not out in public. But use something in public that resembles anything they own and you'll be in a world of crap if they find out.

I don't think you'll have any problems with what you're doing. I agree that it's skills that are being purchased not the image. And if they want Mickey Mouse painted on a wall I'm willing to bet they have plenty of Mickey stuff in the kids room to more than make Disney's accountants happy so I wouldn't worry about it.

Have fun and good luck





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a recommended paint or specific type of paint I should use for painting designs in bedrooms?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP