Thursday, December 27, 2012

im 17 and want to start a small side business, any ideas?

Q. I am trying to get a small business goin but cant think of anything, it doesnt need to really bring in loads of money, just enough to pay my needs, but will certainly take loads if came to me!

A. -Antique refurbishment This is a perfect side business for people who love antiquing. Take worn-out antiques home with you, invest the time and care needed to transform those old items into something amazing, then resell them at a profit.
-Auto detailing Have a meticulous eye for detail and love to get things gleaming clean? Auto detailing is probably a perfect side business for you. In essence, your job is to make cars sparkle inside and out � and many people are quite happy to pay well for this service.
-Babysitting Got lots of evenings free? Like kids? Babysitting may be a great side business for you. Keep an eye on multiple children on Friday and Saturday nights and you can earn some solid income.
-Bed and breakfast Have some extra space in your home? Turn that extra bedroom into a �bed and breakfast� room. This works particularly well if you have a somewhat older home or live near an area that attracts regular travelers and tourists.
Blogging If you enjoy writing, find a topic you�re passionate about and start a blog on the topic. All you need is a computer, some time, and some energy to consistently write.
Cake decorating Enjoy baking and have a bit of an artistic touch? Learn how to decorate cakes and make them for special events. One of my mother�s old friends does this and makes quite a bit of money on the side.
-Candle making Candle making is a great little craft to learn. You can often easily sell the candles at local shops and also through websites like Etsy.com.
Candy making Homemade candies are easier to make than you think and quite popular. Package them in nice little boxes and sell them through a local gift shop.
-Card making This is another artistic �crafty� angle you can follow. Make greeting/birthday cards from scratch using your own photographs, some blank cards, and a healthy dose of artistic flair. Again, you san sell items like these through a local gift shop or at sites like etsy.com.
-Catering If you love to cook, take the �Blondie� route and start a home catering business. Catering is a business that�s perfectly designed to reward those who plan well and can often fit perfectly into weekends, lining up wonderfully opposite a normal workweek.
-Childcare service Many states allow people to start up in-home daycares with minimal licensing and paperwork. If you love children and have plenty of time and space at home, this is a perfect business to get into.
-Cleaning services for businesses Many businesses and civic institutions have a need for individuals who will provide cleaning services at a low cost outside of business hours. This is a great side business for those who can put in a few hours late at night or on weekends.
Collectible trading If there�s a particular type of collectible that you know a great deal about, you can often make good money as a collectible trader, utilizing tools like eBay and opportunities to find those collectibles in the community. I had some success with this myself with both trading cards and video games in the past.
-Computer troubleshooting I had some success with this in the past, though I�ve largely moved away from it now. If you have a knack for fixing computers, this is a good place to start.
Consignment buyer Consignment shops and consignment auctions are often loaded with good deals if you know how to identify them � quite often, you can turn these good deals around and make a nice profit elsewhere. Get started by visiting some consignment shops and critically evaluating the prices on the items there.
-Cookie making Much like candy making, homemade cookies can be a great seller. Bake the cookies, package them well, and resell them through a local gift shop. Often, you can find people in your social network who will buy batches from you for special occasions.
-Dinner preparer I recently met a woman who earned quite a bit of money as a very part-time chef. Once a week, she would go to someone�s house and prepare a homemade meal for their family, then do all the dishes and cleanup work. This gives the family plenty of together time, while earning the lady some cash in the pocket. If you love to cook, this can be a great opportunity, but you may have to put a lot of work into searching for clients.


I love acting and singing but im scared to sing in front of my family what should i do?
Q. i really want to audition for shows and movies but im too scared to ask my parents. i love it with all my heart but i don't know what to do. i reallyl do love to sing but im not sure.

A. Singing takes a lot of courage. We feel vulnerable when we stand up in front of an audience to sing. It's scary. But nerves are really common. There are two ways to get over your nervousness. 1) Practice singing while nervous. 2) Improve your singing, so you won't be as nervous about it.

Try singing in a situation where you're only a little bit nervous - maybe for a friend or for your bedroom wall! When you get used to that, find something bigger that makes you nervous. (Ex., singing outdoors in a park where a few kids are playing.) Keep going like that, and you'll eventually overcome your nervousness.

Also, the best way to improve your voice is with a voice teacher, but choir is also a good start. If you'd like some ideas on how to find a teacher, visit my blog.

If you really love something, it's worth pursuing even if it's scary! Eventually, you may even find that you like that racing feeling inside.

Good luck.

Catherine K. Brown


How can I redo my room so it's more mature but still teen .?
Q. Okay right now I am 15 , and my room is blue and lime green , yes very bright .
I want to redo it so it's mature but still trippy, cool, teen looking bedroom with good taste .
Any idea's , especially COLORS , I want not so many bright colors , except maybe like one bright wall or something . Feel free to share ANY idea's even if they are dumb cuz I still might like it lol .
But thanks :D

A. I have a lot of information on do it yourself decorating (for teens, bedrooms, small spaces, storage, etc.) at my blog with pictures for inspiration. Kid's rooms usually have a strong theme, and more mature teen rooms are usually less matchy-matchy. Scroll through photos, I showed living rooms with wild colors used tastefully, so any room that you like can be an inspiration for your bedroom.

The most important thing is to make the room show your own style, within your budget.

http://jansseninteriors.blogspot.com/


What do you think about my situation, what should I do, long unemployment history and dark circles?
Q. For starters in highschool I lived with my Aunt and Grandmother, I got bad grades in highschool and my grandmother had high blood pressure and got in very bad moods, such as over my report card or if I would miss 1 day of school. I have always had pretty bad dark circles and look underweight, some people have asked if I wanted to buy drugs before, and have had a few insults from people over my dark circles such as being called stoner by a student, have also been called charles manson or a child molester, the teacher saying I look like I need sleep, my half sister who was a couple years younger then me arguing with me saying crap around the eyes etc, one of my childhood friends saying it looks like he got hit in the eyes with 2 baseballs other kids said you smoke crack. It got to the point where I had a social phobia of talking to people for long periods of time and needing to make eye contact, so I would avoid situations where I need to talk to people for 1 minute or longer. I dread doing a presentation in front of the class in highschool and would get an F over those. I dropped out of highschool went to live with my mother, my mother was happy to have me live with her, ran away from her house the 1st night while her almost 2 year old daughter was crying in the bedroom, her birthday was in about 2 weeks, stayed at the airport for days was taken back to a police building where they let me watch tv and gave me something to eat and finally since I had a ticket was sent back to my grandmother at age 17, shortly before my 18th birthday I took a greyhound bus to my mothers house again in 2001 and her 2 year old daughter, almost got lost getting on the wrong bus on the way there, and finally stayed with her for good this time. One of the first things she said to me was I don't even notice the dark circles that didn't help my situation. At first I would wear sunglasses in public but I got over doing that, I don't mind buying something at the store so much because I don't have to look the employee in the eyes for long periods of time since there's no longconversationn it's just buy something and leave but for some reason I like had a phobia of having a job from too much social interaction/eye contact because of the dark circles. So over the years I just lived off my mother with her welfare income. I never had a girlfriend before. And now out of desperation of what to do in life I don't even mind the dark circles as much as I used to, but a smaller problem became a bigger problem and that is from dark circles to still have the dark circles plus a long history of no work history, no ged, haven't done anything with my life except live off my mother. And now I have more reason to hide from society, the dark circles and the fact that I am 29 years old and never earned a dollar a day in my life. Now it'sembarrassingg to get a job, with the way I have been living, no work history, I'm thinking it would be easier to go to college at this point, but I don't even really know how to go about doing that. I'm uneducated and basically have been letting life pass me by while I play video games, use the internet, and watch movies, spending a piece of my mothers welfare income, she's on SSI. I'll be 30, in January.

A. I was answering other questions and stumbled on your biography :)

Based on this e-mail your writing skills are pretty good and obviously you have an Internet, so you can write blogs for people for pretty good money. Just research the topic and open yourself a free blog on blogger.com to create a portfolio. You can then look for a job on websites like oDesk.com

Or I think you should get any job first, such as construction or hard labor anything. People will not care for your long unemployment history nor your appearance. I mean when immigrants come to country they all have no experience either. Your dark circles can be easily corrected with a concealer. This is a special cream to cover very dark spots on the skin like dark circles or moles. Just go to any cosmetic store, such as MAC, Macy's etc and girls there will give you free consultation/demonstration and find you a cream that works.

You only have one life and there is no reason why young, healthy American would be in a situation like this.

Good luck





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: im 17 and want to start a small side business, any ideas?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP