Friday, December 7, 2012

Can you tell me some ways to organize a kid's room in a pretty way?

Q. Can you tell me some ways to organize a kid's room in a pretty way?

A. Creating a jungle theme kids bedroom is an opportunity to use really fun colors and prints. Consider painting the room a fresh green or a bright yellow to provide a warm and exotic backdrop for the rest of the room's elements.

Instead of typical window treatments, think about getting some silk vines and foliage from the craft store and draping them around the windows as you would with a scarf curtain. Then perch stuffed parrots or monkeys nearby to round out the jungle canopy effect.

You can use jungle themed bedding, or simply use bright solids and stripes, and accent the room with throw pillows in animal-print fabrics. There are several sources for wall stickers in a jungle theme to add even more visual interest.

Fairy Tale Princess Themes

Many elements of décor for little girls' rooms lend themselves to dreaming of once upon a time and far, far away. From canopy beds to eyelet and lace and pale pink, you may already have many of the elements in place to make your daughter's room a real Princess's room. To bring the fantasy one or two step closer to reality, rely on some paint techniques and a few choice accessories.

Paint the ceiling a sky blue and sponge paint on some clouds; turn the walls of your girl's room into castle walls with faux painting techniques, and embellish them with stenciled runners of ivy � you can even add some silk ivy from the craft store for additional dimension. Swath tulle or silk flowers where you'd otherwise put a valance and curtains, and be sure to add a stuffed frog prince someplace in the room � just for a bit of whimsy!


How can I decorate a bedroom that is used for a boy and a girl?
Q. I have a little boy and a little girl that are a year apart. Right now they are 1 and 2. I dont know how to decorate their room. I am trying to find a theme and colors. Any organization tips are welcome to. They have so many toys and their bedroom always looks cluttered even when I clean it. I am a first time mom and a first time house buyer. I have no idea how to decorate their room. Please help!!! Thank you!!!

A. great bedroom ideas for kids sharing bedrooms
http://kidsthemebedrooms.com/shared-bedrooms/decorating-shared-bedrooms.html

Great theme bedroom decorating ideas, pictures and fun decor
http://kidsthemebedrooms.com


How can I get a surfer style bedroom?
Q. I love brands like Fat Face, Billabong, Roxy etc. and the whole surfer look but I was wondering how to get that style in my bedroom? I've only got a tiny bedroom but I'm up for any suggestions - please add photos if you can.

A. I would definitely stay away from creating a too cheesy surfer room. For example, I was looking up some pictures for you and there were cheap grass skirts as the bedskirt for the bed and little tiny surfer lamps and stuffed monkeys and dolphins and stuff....cheesy. To make a gooood surfer room, I'd choose a bright color that you like for the walls or maybe two as in the picture provided below. The room below has lime green and orange but if you like other bright colors better, that'd be okay too. When you look for room examples like this, I always just use the picture as a shell and interchange my color preferences, etc. So paint the walls a bright color, I actually like the blue in the second picture provided for the walls. You'll want to keep white in your room too..the molding around the room, in the bedspread, maybe the bed frame, the dresser and anything you can really. Because you have a really bright wall, you need that white to offset it and make it more beachy and light. So chose your bedspread. There are plenty of bedspreads that are actually billabong and roxy beach spreads if you want that. You can also chose a hawaiian print theme, but I feel like that's borderline cheesy as well. If I were you, I would choose a full white bedspread in a light fabric. Choosing a completely white bedspread will also make the room and your bed feel and look bigger. It's really your preference though, as I know some people love the hawaiian print. I love the wicker in the first room provided. And I love how they painted it, but I also just love wicker plain. So if you're tight on cash or you just like the wicker not painted, just keep it like it is. Wicker just reminds me of outdoor furniture you'd have at a beach house though. I'm not sure what color your carpet is or if you have wood floors. It'd be ideal if you had wood flooring and then I'd add a straw beach mat as the rug at the foot of the bed or at the side of the bed, depending on the positioning of the bed. I'd get white lamps like the one in the first bedroom provided, the two inbetween the two beds on the nightstand. Again, I'm not sure how you are on money, but if you can afford it, I'd definitely splurge on a full sized surfboard to put somewhere in your room, behind a wicker chair or in a corner by itself. I'll provide a link to a cheaper board (in the world of surfboards it's considered very cheap.) I'd also get some beach themed decor. I like the word beach spelled out above the bed in the second picture. I also love the wood nightstand in the second bedroom, you can see the top slats of it, but I would paint it white. I was recently at Marshalls and they had extremely nice and sophisticated beach themed decor that could fill up probably two to three rooms. If you have a Marshalls by you, you should take a look there. Also, TJ Maxx. If not though, I'm sure you can find really cute beach stuff online. Even if you went to a craft store and bought a hurricane candle holder, a pillar candle, and sand and/or shells, that would be awesome to put on your nightstand. You could also buy a cheap starfish and shells online too to put around your room. The options are endless!! :) Here are all the links:

1st bedroom (bright walls, wicker chair, white dresser, white lamps)... http://www.thedesignfile.net/thedesignfile/2010/05/a-colorful-kids-room-you-can-emulate.html

2nd bedroom (the color blue I love for a beach room, beach letters over bed, slat nightstand)... http://www.bedroominteriordecorating.com/teenage-girl-bedroom-ideas-teenage-bedroom-designs/

Beach Mat for Rug... http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Natural-Beautiful-Yoga-Mat/dp/B000UK6VQ2

Landshark Board suggestion if you can't find something else... http://compare.ebay.com/like/350433809099?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=213510046901&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=M*F%3F&GUID=5ec409fa12e0a47a2fa73f07fb4737ad&itemid=350433809099&ff4=263602_304662

Beach candles (LOVE the different colors!!)... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0903/candles_300.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/new-uses-for-old-things/summertime-new-uses-00000000016188/page37.html&usg=__DFVeZEITqeVDmvMb6BvECLlisug=&h=357&w=300&sz=20&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=t8VJsv_DLEYs8M:&tbnh=156&tbnw=121&ei=eSRoTcTlJ4yCtge1-IXoAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhurricane%2Bcandle%2Bwith%2Bsand%2Band%2Bshells%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D622%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C42&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1035&vpy=204&dur=726&hovh=245&hovw=206&tx=165&ty=142&oei=eSRoTcTlJ4yCtge1-IXoAw&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0&biw=1280&bih=622


HOPE THIS HELPS!!! :)


What ideas are good decor ideas for a teen girls bedroom?
Q. I am getting bored with my old bold green room, I am looking for a newer, cheap, and modern look.

A. A lot depends on what the girls like. Are they into sports or still in the girly look? It is always a good idea to have a place for makeup and desks for working so can you find a place to work them in? Might even have bunk beds to be able to get more floor space for desk. If you can do 2 desks so each girl has their own area, they can double as computer and homework place and also makeup spot. but each girl needs her own. Maybe even check out dorms and build it more like a college dorm. There they have 2 twin beds and then usually 2 desks, one for each and a closet each. That is about all that goes in a room. A book shelf or even a hutch over the desk is good to put keepsakes and books and supplies. You may be able to pick up desks and huth at a consignment store or a thrift store. I got mine there at the senior center thrift store. You might be able to let them share a printer if the desks are side by side or you have a wireless printer (wireless not in electric but in connection to computer. If girls are going to collee, as they near it you might consider a laptop for each. Some families like to keep the computer in a family area rather than bedrooms though because of the stuff on the internet and they can monitor them.

As to colors, you can keep walls neutral and decoraete using posters or prints. No more princess stuff for teens, but do include fluffy pillows for the beds. If there is space, separate rooms is nice for teir friends to visit.

You can even do a diagonal line across two opposing walls and paint one side one color and one use the diagonal lines to divide the colors and the colors extend for their side only. Then soften it with curtains that pick up both colors and also using posters or framed prints on the walls to break it up. Can do the same with neutral walls. There are also stencils you can put around the top of a room. I did some roses and purple star flwoers with green leaves and it was like an arbor almost and the kids called the room the rose room or the princess room as they felt like princesses in there. But walls were white. I had spreads with big red peonies that almost looked like roses and it had purple star flowers and green leaves so the roses which were very full, looked almost like the spreads and I used red and purple and green in the room. The carpet was even white and I used wool oriental rugs by the bed and a stained glass lamp shade with roses and a Grecian girl brass base. Had to call it the rose room when any of the fewer boys ame to stay. Or let the girls stay there and the boys could stay on sofa or in the big blue big chairwith ottoman. Unfortunaately we have downsized now and don't have all the space we did then as we went to a small cottage and a mobile home. But you might find a stencil the girls like and put it on the walls, either in random patterns or as a border at the top or even dropped down a bit as mine was. I did the stencils around and then did just the roses and no star flowers about every 3rd one above it as it needed soemthing else. I hope I have photos someplace. I haven't caught up with photos since they went into storage.

Good luck in finding something lovely and feminine and yet very practical for the girls.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you tell me some ways to organize a kid's room in a pretty way?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP