Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Bedroom Themes?

Q. I want to re-do my bedroom with some stylish new themes and can't really think of any. I want it to be a theme that you can find alot of cool stuff for thats not too expensive.
I was kinda thinking something with movies posters?? cuz i love alot of different movies but im really open to anything!

A. As our family has recently moved, I am decorating my new room in an ocean theme. We had taken a trip to California last fall and I fell in love with the ocean (even more so than I had every other time I had been out there.) We drove up the PCH (Pacific Coastal Highway), through Malibu and many other breathtaking places. When we reached our destination, my fondest memories are just of us sitting on the beach watching the waves crash onto shore. That is what I am going to attempt to recreate in my room, but I am still looking for ideas from others who have done this. Most other rooms I've seen have either underwater ocean themes (mostly kids rooms), or they do an ocean themed room with just solid wall colors. I want to create an ocean-like experience on at least one wall. You can usually pick up ocean-like nicknacks at garage sales or thrift stores.
My advice: Pick out a favorite place, whether it's an ocean or in the heart of New York City, and if you have large enough walls, there are usually wall-murals you can buy. (I had one in my old room.) That way when you enter your room, you feel as if you are in your favorite place.


Does your kids bedroom have a theme?
Q. My daughters bedroom at the moment is kinda jungle themed with a very faint green colour on the walls (was like that when we moved in) and I just put removable jungle animals everywhere and there is a big bright 3D canvas elephants wall hanging and a green stripey rug on the floor. We are moving house and next year want to have another baby, we are hoping the new baby is a boy in which case he can have the jungle theme and my daughter can have something else. The problem is that I already have her toddler bed and it has the little mermaid on it, I HATE ARIEL!! I can't stand it but Im not throwing it away, we havent even used it yet, I was thinking maybe an under the sea theme for her? She likes fish and she loves nemo, but would her room look stupid with nemo and various other fishy things and then a stupid Ariel right in the middle? Sorry I really hate ariel.

A. aww ariel was always my fav. >.<' but anyway i think as long as you went with fish that were cartoonish looking it would be perfectly fine. why not try to use all the disney underwater charaters? or try to just use all the disney princesses and not use an underwater theme?

i dunno about the bed but couldnt you strip it or repaint it? sand her off? though that depends on how deep shes carved in. or if nothing else put something over ariel? a big sticker/picture that was blown up or something? anyway best of luck ^_^ im sure you'll figure it out.


Beach theme bedroom? need help fast!!!!?
Q. so my bed cover is the perfect thing for a bwach styled room. it has blue, green, and dark blue circles on it, and my pillows are 2 blue and one green. once i painted my room yellow and it was really nice. for the beach theme, i was thinking like maybe painting my walls light blue, but my sis is going to do that, and blue is a cool color. i want my room to be warm and fun. so no blue and white. more like tropical! sorry if i sound confusing, but any idea would be so much help! thank you :)

A. you're not confusing, you just have lots of ideas. If you really want beach, think about seashells on shelves, framed photos of seashells. but first, think of what kind of beach setting you want: a fun beach with kids playing with beachballs and girls wearing flip flops, or the beach on a island resort in Mexico? Is your "beach" in the US or another country? If you're too general you might end up not liking what you do.

If you mean the tropics, then think of Hawaii and bright colors, not muted colors like pastels. Stick to a color theme whether its soft colors or bright colors. If you're still liking Hawaii then think of paper leis and coconuts, dancing natives, grass skirting for your bed.
It sounds like you want a beachy feel, though. If not the beach, how about the ocean? Think small sea shells, sea glass, anchors, big old ships. You can do alot with framed prints and by adding a small area rug that already has the design you want on it so it sets the mood FOR you. you could even find things like smaller beachballs, natural colored netting, or a small round life preserver and hang them from a corner of the ceiling, or on a wall. If you add a lamp stick with the theme: i've seen glass lamps filled with seashells and sand, I've seen lamps that are decorated or have a beachy look or use the lamp you might already have and just change the shade to the color or design you want.
And you thought YOU sounded confused? just kidding, you might consider fish, as in an underwater theme. Or just add live fish- Betas are so adorable and pretty and easy to care for.
I hope I've helped you! Good luck.


Pretty under-the-sea bedroom for a little girl?
Q. My little sister is turning 4 in 1 month, and the ONLY thing she wants for her birthday is for her room to be re-decorated. My mom has 2 infants and 3 preschool-aged kids, and me (I'm 13), so she really can't find the time to re-decorate my sister's room so she asked me if I could "help her", which means do it for her. LOL.

Ok, so my sister has made it clear that she ONLY wants an under-the-sea room, ever since she saw raven's rotating shell bed in that's so raven. The problem is, I'm really bad at decorating stuff (you should see my room *rolls eyes*) so I have no idea what to do. She doesn't want mermaids because she hates Ariel (long story) and I think sharks would scare her.

Ok well sorry to bother you on Easter but if I keep putting this off it'll be too late and... well... let's just say that when my sister's b-day comes along things won't be pretty.

A. http://kidsthemebedrooms.com/underwater/ocean-fish-theme-decorating-ideas.html





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Bedroom Themes?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP