Friday, December 7, 2012

15 year old girl birthday present?

Q. my bestfrannd is turnin 15. im makin her a slideshow of pictures and videos of us. but i wanted to get her somthin else. im not sure what. shes like a 'scene' kid. she loves drawing, animals, music, clothes, makeup. she loves almost everythin. so im not sure what to get her. any ideas?

A. I am fifteen and in to many of the things you mentioned your friend likes! I would think she would really like something that would allow her to enjoy these interests even more!

Maybe you could look into something for her to show her art off in. Maybe some frames or shadow boxes. Both of these can be found in stores or online for really reasonable prices! More art supplies would be appriciated!

Gift cards are always a good call, especially if you don't have much time!

I know that I looove things for my bedroom because I spend TONS of time there. If she is the same way, think about something for her room, bathroom, or closet! Organizers, art, decorations, bed accessories, ANYTHING! The website I'm leaving has some awesome stuff, but it's very expensive. It might give you some ideas though!

Hope this helps! Good Luck!


Redo my bedroom for cheap?
Q. Well Im a 14 year old girl and im tired of my old little kid room. But Im with my single mom and the economy is so bad right now I feel really bad asking for so much money to redo my room. I would need to paint, get a whole bew bed frame(I still have a bunkbed),matress,bed sheets,plus all of the other accessories to match. Are there any cheap ways of doing this while it still looks good? And also any cute ideas?

A. Well for starters single moms rock..

the nest thing no matter where you are sign up for freecycle.org.. and get the cool things you want for free.. you just need to pick them up..

Paint is pretty cheap but spend the most on that alone.. get behr washable...

Next it's summer hit every tag sale, thrift shop, salvation army you can find.. also go to church donation centers with no shame and see what they have for free... I have for kids I do it all the time and spend the money on the things like sneakers they love and have to have..lol

Idk you but I would go shabby chic....it's so easy ... invest in two cans of white spray paint one rod iron white and one flat white.. pick up a free rod iron fence piece or another piece of cool metal framing... spray paint it rod iron white and hang it behing your bed..

Then get some flat white curtains.. fyi sheets can be hung as curtains they have a pocket sewn for a rod.. you can get two flat sheets from a cheap chain store for 10 bucks.. then get some frilly ribbon and use it to tie them off to the side ..

then find a chair a cool wood one on the side of the road.. even a kitchen chair.. spray that flat white.. if you are thrifty try going to doityourself and give it a light sandpaper rub to make it look old... then.. for your bedding start collecting white peices of all kinds.. pillows sheets shams.. etc..

then start collecting white things.. white framed mirrors and pics.. you can use your spray paint for the wood or metal frames..

collect frames pop out the glass ...wrap the back in fabric put the frame back one (buy eye hooks or hooks for a buck) and screw in and hang .. then display necklaces, braclets and things..

recycle glass jars of all shapes and sizes and fill with your pretty collections.. beads, art supplies, makeup ..

find some cool drift wood and place it in your room hang a pice above a mirror .. or buy a beveled unframed mirror and frame it with the wood..

take sand and sea shells and put in a clear class with a candle on it...

start a collection of heart shape rocks...

paint and stencil a cork board and put lots of memories on it...

fresh picked flowers everywhere.. I even pick branch stick that are cool and put em in tall clear glass ...

walmart decoration or craft section has all kinds of glass for super cheap..

p/u baskets that are woven for loose papers.. magazines.. books...etc..

You can make a cool bed frame and shelves out of concrete blocks.. but i recommend keeping your bunk bed.. putting two flat sheets under the top mattresson on each side... put the mattress back on the top line with christmas lights.. tie each side like a curtain to the bottom bed post with the same ribbon for your curtains... throw lots of pillows in there.. and hang a free floating shelf or a milk crate from the bottom and put books and mags in there and a clip board for homework...it'll be your own lil relax place..

invest in tupperware that fit under your bed for all your kid things you wanna keep...

you can use the drift wood or birch branches to make curtain rods...

last but not least your mom is awesome.. I am positive.. so ask her for some ideas as much as you wanna tell her they are stupid (I have a 12 year old) just listen.. and ask her what she has she doesn't need..

look up shabby chic ideas

check out hgtv online and doityourself...

churches always have thrift stores and the best stuff...

need any ideas email me...

save a few bucks and get a prepaid visa and go to urbanoutfitters.com sale apt. section and spend 30 or 40 dollars and your room will look extra sweet!


What color should I paint my bedroom and I am a Pre -Teen?
Q. I have no clue what color to paint my room but i kinda of have un matching color furniture... I have a cream desk and darkish wood for the top an oak dresser darker side table next to my bed lime green - lite green curtains and this bedspread on the link... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10877960 or any of the girly ones with polka dots and squares and will be willing to change my curtains!!!http://www.walmart.com/browse/Kids-Teen-Rooms/Kids-Room/Kids-Bedding/_/N-8xlsZaq90Zaqce/Ne-2p4i?catNavId=978819&ic=48_0&povid=cat92352-env198632-module250991-lLink2&ref=125874.416800&tab_value=2394_All

A. 1st things 1st... pick out your bedding. 0n-line search The Pottery Barn, they have an awesome selection, as does PB Teen. Target online has a good selection too. When you get your bedding, pull a color from that (i wold definitely mute the tone of it down, though; judging by the above links, you like the loud, bright colors-awesome, but not so much when the whole room is like that. I would go with stark white walls with your bright bedding & accessories, that make for an OUTSTANDING look. If you go with that idea, paint your furniture in all different colors to match those of your bedding. Be sure to sand before you paint, this will ensure your paint will stick. If any of your pieces are not real wood, or are plastic, be sure to use the appropriate paint type for each piece. 0utcome: Playful, young & clean yet a bit sophisticated. This will be a look that will take you though your teen years, too.


Need advice, I am now the legal gaurdian of my twin nieces!?
Q. I was the godmother of Isabelle and Anabelle, and their aunt, I am 22 finished college both my husband and myself have nice jobs. We are more then financially able to have them, and are excited.. they never knew their father, and we are getting child suport from him( he insisted) he was not able to be the dad they deserved because of his job. and their mom(my sister) has a medical condition that will keep her from them, and she thought it best they be under my care, and I be their legal gaurdian, we have everything finalized and this will mark the end of the first week they are here..

I am not a mother, I dont have experience with raising children but I am learning and I would love to have a baby... I just need advice on what they need and basic things I need to buy for them(we are curently trying to fix a guest bedroom special for them) and how do you paint an almost 4 year olds room??? they are very girly if that helps..

I just dont want to mess this up. I love these girls like they are my own, and they now pretty much are.... any advice would be greatly appreciated:)
Thanks:)
sorry about the title I meant guardian I mix letters up sometimes I am not perfect you know..
and thanks to you guys who have answered my questions,
and I will definitely be taking them to preschool,

so thanks.

A. Just because you spell one word that does not automatically make you a troll, it seems like people are doing more accusing then answering... now if someone has constantly make up different stories, and use the same name and all that's different but spelling ONE word wrong doesn't mean anything
ever heard of a typo??

anyway to your question..
Make sure you have healthy foods that they like, and have special treats for when they are good ice cream etc. and to the room take the to a store and let them pick out their Favorite bedding/Accessories and then get paint to match, OR go online and find the bedding here is are a few I liked:)

http://www.thecompanystore.com/kids/company-store-kids,default,sc.html
on the left is a bedding section

and

http://www.disneystore.com/home-decor/bed-bath/bedding/kids/mn/1000327+1000774/

they have Princess bedding

and try getting two umbrella strollers if you are out and a double if you are shopping at say a mall by yourself with them, then you will need to get clothes and things like that, and if they still use sippy cups, but I doubt they do..





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 15 year old girl birthday present?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP