Monday, May 26, 2014

How do you get your kids/spouse to clean up? (Parents & especially stay @ home moms w/ young kids)?




Expect


This is hard to make sure i get in every little bit of info i feel is needed without making this a huge question (sorry if it's too long but i can use your kind words!)
My husband to be is the bread winner, I stay home with our son, he feels because he buys everything & pays for bills & things like that, he is exempt from cleaning up the house. So he is not much help as far as that goes, & I know a lot of you may think this is ridiculous & what a jerk? (am i right?) Well in a way he's right, I get the privilege to be lazy & do what i want everyday, he gives me money when i need it, he takes good care of us, he just thinks my JOB is to clean & cook (which i agree, I have it good! & i don't deny that but tend to take advantage of it i suppose....) but i wish he would help out just once in a while, especially now that i'm pregnant again, he doesn't understand how tired I am.
AND OUR SON! Oh my gosh!! he is my little tornado, he seems to think everything belongs on the floor, he's been getting into things like crazy (in the last few weeks which is not normal) I try to get him to help me clean up, we sing the clean up son from barney & he'll start doing something but when i help he stops doing it & lets me do it, if i ask him to do something (such as clean up your legos in your bedroom) It is like pulling teeth & i end up getting more stressed over asking him to do something, He is only 3 (4 end of may) I think he should help with little things, but I just don't know how to get him to help me, with effort & not having to ask like crazy...... with my fiance, I've talked to him about this many times & told him i don't expect much & some days he'll do things like pick up & clear some stuff of his coffee table which is always cluttered with who knows what! I get really irritated when he takes our car back & forth to work & such.... & i won't drive it for days, & he thrashes it & i just get so sick of "bitching" excuse my language, but I feel like such a nag, nag on my son, nag on my man......
Any ideas? or examples of what you do to get a little more help around the house?
Are you a stay at home parent?
Thanks for your time



Answer
I am a stay home mom and I've got three to follow around after (my 1 yr old daughter, my 4, almost 5, son, and my 28 year old husband). I swear I clean my house for it to get messy, it never stays clean for more than two minutes. I think it's the life of the housewife/stay home mom.

However, my husband does help if I need him to. My husband works TWO jobs (one works him overtime a lot and the other is his own business) and still helps, so you need to let your fiance know that there are others that help with more on their plate than him. Let him know that you aren't asking him to scrub the bathrooms just simply vacuum when you are exhausted because believe me, you are only going to get more tired as you get further along and when the baby is born.

As for your son, he's at the age where he can be of some help. However, you can't depend on him yet. He's still a child and you are still going to have to tell him 50 thousand times. But you can make it easier on yourself. Get a simple chore chart for him (simple as in the things he must do). Put things down like pick up legos, get dressed, nothing too broad like clean room. Then have a reward system. When he does the chore, give him a star sticker to put on the chart. When he receives 5 stars, he gets a treat and 20 stars gets a toy. This is TRULY a good teaching tool. My son will be 5 next month and when I tell him to clean his room, he does. Of course you can't have too high of expectations either (they aren't going to organize anything, they are going to throw it all in a closet) but as they get older, they'll learn.

Also with your son, when you sing the clean up song. Tell him you are going to do the dishes and he'll pick up his toys on the floor, sing the song. When you are done singing, see who wins. Games and rewards are the best system with children.

I'm looking for a building blocks set from the mid 90's; LEGO, MEGA BLOCKS, etc?




Imabarbieg


I really hope someone can help me. I'm searching for two sets of building toys I used to have in the early-mid 90's specifically.
One set I can vividly remember, it was a pink mansion, with a teal green roof. Each room was furnished with different blocks, which included a gym, bedrooms, kitchen, office, and a balcony with a white grand piano and chandelier. (I know this is going into a lot of detail...) The other set I can't really recall, all I know is that it was a mall, and it included a pet shop.
I would really love to find the toys, but I have no idea where to start. They were like Lego's, but I don't think they were that brand, seeing as there isn't a variety of girls selection . It may be mega bloks... I'd like to know if there are any other brands that the set could possibly be.
If anyone has any clues to helping me find these they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks :)



Answer
Dream Builders! They were made by Tyco. I had a set when I was a kid.

*Edit* I found a few sets on Ebay, but I don't think any are the specific set you are looking for.
http://toys.shop.ebay.com/items/Toys-Hobbies__dream-builders_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ220QQ_sopZ12QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282?_trksid=p3286.c0.m282




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you get your kids/spouse to clean up? (Parents & especially stay @ home moms w/ young kids)?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP