Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bedrooms for twins?




Mommy of 4


I have g/b twins who are almost two. For their birthday we want to give them separate rooms. Our house has 5 bedrooms, one for me an dmy husband, one for our daughter, one for our son, one for our twins when they are born, and the other on is a playroom.

How do you think we should decorate the rooms.
Katie likes princesses and Disney. Zach likes trucks and construction vehicles. We were thinking of paintings Katie's room pink and Zach's room blue. Can you give us some ideas on painting and decorating. Money is not a concern.



Answer
I agree with KarateJenn! I am so jealous that you have 4 wonderful sweethearts, 5 rooms and can spend to decorate anyway you want to!

I had to go a lot more downscale for my son (2), but had SO much fun doing it!

Try to keep in mind that you want to create a room they can grow into, as well as one that they can use now. (For example, I did a classic Winnie the Pooh theme for my son's nursery, but I kept the Pooh in the decorations. The ceiling is a soft, water-color look sky and a big tree on the wall incorporates a pine loft in the room. Then, I used Pooh decorations and accents. This way I can remove the decorations as he gets older and turn the loft into a Boys Only treehouse or whatever he wants.)

PotteryBarn Kids is fantastic if money is no object. Their construction and truck sheet sets are fantastic.

Try buying an extra sheet set, and, if you are handy with a sewing machine, cut out trucks and cars on the sheets, double them up, sew them like a pocket and stuff them. Then, you have matching stuffed friends to go with the sheet set!

For Zach - Try doing a very simple mural. Bottom half of the room dark blue, top half light blue. Make the line btw the halfs curvy rather than straight. Find or make paper truck decorations and cloud decorations. Put the trucks on the wall as if they are going up and down the curvy "hills" and the clouds on the light blue "sky." As he gets older, you can easily remove the paper decorations.

For Katie - If she likes princesses, do it up! Pale pink walls, flowy sheer curtains. And, what about a fancy white armoire with mirrors on the doors so she can dress up. I'd personally stay away from too much Disney stuff. (I love disney, but I think it can get out of control with decorations... the princess stuff always looks a little tacky.) Try looking at ikea. They have some great sheer "tents." It's this sheer, light, fluffy material that hangs from a ring attached to the ceiling. It makes the perfect place for hiding out and waiting for Prince Charmings!

If not princesses, I always loved the idea of a garden room. You can do the room with green paint up to about 2 feet and then pale blue on the upper walls and ceiling for sky... or just a pretty pale green all the way up. Then, make a flat small picket fence and brad nail it to one wall. Behind the fence make or purchase artificial flowers. Butterfly decorations could hang from the ceiling.

Check out DIYnet.com They have some good idea starters for kids rooms. (Or at least they used to... I looked there for painting techniques when I did my sons room.)

Have fun! I love this stuff... I always thought I should start a business coming up with ideas for kids rooms. I'd do it all day if I could!

10 kids under 1 roof?




Ali


My sisters mother-in-law recently had a stroke. She lives a 3 hour plane ride away. When they found out, they called the airport for a flight right away. They got one that would take off in 4 hours, so they rushed around to pack. Then they dropped the kids off at my house, without anything packed. She leaved me a key to bring them back to get their clothes. Now, I have 10 kids in my house. I have all my girls (ages 13, 6, 4, 2, and 7 months) and my neices (twin 7 year olds and 3 year old) and nephews (5 and 1 years old).

I have thee 1 year old staying in the spare bedroom (we have a 7 bedroom house). Then we have a 3rd floor "internet cafe" with 3 rooms off the side that are supose to be offices. We turned them into bedrooms though, so I'm going to put each child in a different one. I really don't know how my schedule will be! I didn't except this a all. I'm going to have to drive her 7 and 5 year olds to school 15 minutes each way, so it will just add time on the mornings!
What do I do? Any tips?



Answer
hmmm....you should watch supernanny!! they have really good ideas when it comes to kids....all though, with all the kids, you prolly wont have time to watch supernanny, so you should go on the website!! they have soooo many awesome things to help people with kids. yet again, when will you find time for that?? sooo....Ill tell you what I know:
Learn the Tricks of the Trade
I have certainly learned a few things the hard way, but I have also been lucky to work with so many expert teachers who have shown me a few tricks of the trade.

Create a positive, stimulating environment
Children who are bored or put down will misbehave. Praise and reward are key to promoting good behaviour. Some more visual incentives that can work wonders are stickers, reward charts and certificates.

Another useful strategy for older children is offering table points or filling a jar with cubes to reward the whole class. Let children choose rewards such as an extra play, or a computer session when the jar is full.

For little ones, we have used a âwarm fuzzyâ teddy bear chart in my school where the children place their own name card on the teddy for good behaviour. Older children work towards receiving a certificate by colouring a box next to their name when they behave well.

Keep calm!
This is easier said than done and we can all lose it from time to time, so take a deep breath and count to ten. Try to get their attention without shouting, which will only encourage more challenging behaviour.

Signals can be useful in gaining everyoneâs attention â try clapping a pattern or raising a hand in the air for children to copy in response. You could also use a bell, tambourine or drum, or play a quick game of "Simon Says" or "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". Even speaking in a whisper can be very effective in gaining everyoneâs attention.

The key is practice, practice, practice
Children need to be trained to respond to attention-grabbing techniques, so persevere until you achieve a perfect response. Praise children who are taking notice, especially those sitting near a child who isnât.

Be clear and consistent
Behaviour needs to be addressed by the whole school - staff, pupils and parents. Create a behaviour policy that centres on a set of basic rules appropriate for each age group.

Keep the wording positive
The rules should be displayed in each area of the school so that they can be referred to when dealing with difficult behaviour. Once everyone has embraced the ethos and strategies laid out in the policy, children will be clear on what is unacceptable and how it will be dealt with.

Have realistic expectations for different situations and age groups. Very young children need to be taught how to behave in a group situation. Plan interesting activities appropriate for their concentration and ability, and expect a certain amount of noise during free play, PE and lunch. Often a lively group can be caused by one or two individuals. Place disruptive children in group activities near an adult. Such children can get bored easily and may need more active involvement in lessons and extra praise â try an individual Reward Chart. Always give a warning, and remove a child from the group who continues to disrupt the class. Some children are just not ready for concentrating in larger groups and may need special guidance. Try to phrase your criticism in a positive way. For example, instead of saying âDonât run inside!â say âCould you please walk?â Children respond well to routine. Keep them informed about transitions and the structure of the day so they know what to expect, for example, âIn five minutes we will tidy up




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Bedrooms for twins?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP