Monday, May 27, 2013

How do I get it all done and keep it that way?

Q. I am a mom of 3 kids (ages 6, 4, and 3 months) and live in house with my husband, mil, and sil. My husband and I take care of everything in the house. My mil and sil do nothing and don't contribute any money to upkeep at all. They do not help with the housework at all. My husband does on the weekend but only clothes and dishes. The rest falls to me. I am home Mon-Fri and work 12 hour days on the weekends. My 6 year old has to be taken to school and picked up. My 3 month old is very fussy and time consuming. He cries and eats a lot. I don't have much time to get things done. Right now the trash is piling up as well as the clothes and dishes. You can't find the kitchen table or my bedroom floor. I need all the advice I can get. I can't help feeling that I am only one person and can only do so much. Then everyone else makes comments on the mess and I feel like a total failure.So how do I keep the house clean and still be able to do the other things that have to be done?
the really sad part is this is technically my mil's house. it's in her name. we are living with her due to financial strain. we just can't afford to rent or buy something else right now. there is no mortgage for this house because it has been passed down through the family (it's almost 100 years old). even so she does nothing to help. i just don't get it.

A. It's a tough situation. I take it they are your husband's mother and sister? He needs to back you up, then. Ask for his help; you both need to grow backbones and stand up for yourselves. Unless they are physically disabled, these ladies should be helping you. It's your house. Remember what Eleanor Roosevelt once said: "No one can take advantage of you without your permission." They're doing it because they CAN. Hand them a list of the chores which are now "theirs" and insist they do them, and don't back down.
Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get it all done and keep it that way?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP