Monday, May 20, 2013

Do the police have the right to spend the night peeping in my windows?

Q. Some cops came to my house late on Saturday night saying they got a complaint about loud children and said they wanted to come inside the house. I gave him my name and told them they'd need a warrant if they wanted to come in. They spent the next hour in my bushes out front and walking around the outside of the house shining flashlights in all of the windows. I asked them to leave my property and they wouldn't go. They apparently didn't witness any loud noise and we never got any ticket, but we really feel violated by the whole ordeal. Don't we have the right to enjoy our home without police officers peeping in our windows in the middle of the night and shining lights in while they look for evidence of a civil infraction?

We weren't having any party, but my wifes 2 brothers were staying with us along with the one brothers 2 kids who are pretty much traumatized now by having strange men at the house shining lights in their bedroom window at 3am.

A. Unless they have a reason to believe a crime is being committed, on your property or another property you may have access to, they have no real right to hang out in your yard.

I can't see a cop wasting his time looking in your windows for a noisy child complaint. There was probably more to it. They could have believed there was abuse happening or something else. In which case, they may have been justified in their actions.

I also don't know your demeanor when asking them to get a warrant. That can really create suspicion in a cop.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do the police have the right to spend the night peeping in my windows?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP