Thursday, April 18, 2013

What color should i choose for my bedroom?

Q. It is a 10.82 m2 bedroom,
all my things are wooden and the room has two windows but is not very well lighted.
I love purple and pink but not pale ones...Does it become too dark if i paint it dark purple or pink?
i also like using combinations of different colors do you have any suggestion?

A. Hello, as co-owner of http://www.decorating-kids-rooms.net I get a lot of questions re: colors to paint a room - it has been my experience that yes, you should go with colors you like but to be selective with how dark you go. I would recommend going lighter instead of darker on your walls especially if your bedroom is small and not very well lit.

That said, you don't have to go really pale either. What about one dark pink or dark purple wall and then paint the rest of your walls in a lighter shade of either pink or purple? You can then bring in more dark shades of pink and purple through the use of carefully selected fabrics and accessories like a comforter, window treatments, throw cushions, lampshades, area rugs etc.

Hot pink and vibrant violet also go nice with bold orange and bright yellow. What about a room with a retro 'flower power' motif?

For more tips on using color in your room please visit
http://www.decorating-kids-rooms.net/painting-kid-rooms-and-colors-to-paint-a-room.html


Want to paint a wall using different colours. How do I stop the paint from running?
Q. Saw a TV decorating programme where a wall was divided into squares with masking tape then the squares were painted different colours. When I tried it the paint seeped into the tape and went onto the adjoining colour. Any bright ideas please?
Please can you tell me what frog tape is I live in Sweden and need to be specific when I try to find it?

Thanks for all your helpful tips so far.
Please can you tell me what frog tape is I live in Sweden and need to be specific when I try to find it?

Thanks for all your helpful tips so far.

A. :: Paint with a Brush, & Take Your Time. Don't overload the brush with paint. ... You 'can' use masking tape if you really do need sharp,straight lines, but it is not essential. ... All you do is (without using the tape), just paint ONE Colour at a time, & wait until the edges are just "touch-dry" Before you begin the next colour. .. By doing this,& by leaving the preceding colour "Wet", but NOT "Runny-wet",, you can Overlap each colour without them actually "running" together, but they will be able to be Blended together. This will give you different shades at the edges, but of the same colours you are using. ... From my own experiences, the overall effect is quite a good one! (Unless you are going for that sharply defined look.) But that is how Artist's apply their paints on a canvass! (well, one of the ways.) ................ Just One Very Very Important Thing. ::: "NEVER, NEVER,, Be tempted to rush the job by using cans of "Spray Paint"!! .................... When I was very young, my bedroom wall had been painted "beige", & I hated it. Then I saw a design in a "MAD" Comic. It was a wall of an ordinary colour, & halfway up the wall it had 3 Different colours,painted in bands that went right around the room, & each band was 1 foot in height! The colours used in the Mad Magazine, were the same one's that I used. They were all "Gloss" colours, From Top down they were Emerald Green, Deep Purple, & Orange. (Remember that the rest of the wall was painted in "Beige" & was a Matt finish. ......... Well, I was just a kid, & too impatient to use tape on the walls or to brush it on & wait for each to dry. ... Sooooo, I got my pocket money I had saved up for this, & I bought those 3 colours of paint in Spray Cans, closed the door & windows,, & you can imagine the rest & the mess!!! ........ I had one colour run into another, & all 3 colours mixed by the time they got to the floor! .......... (However,,,, I have to say that it turned out to look really good.)


How can I change my walls without painting?
Q. When I was a little kid, I wanted to paint my walls electric/ sky blue because that's what my friends were doing to their bedrooms. I've changed and want to personalize my walls without painting them because of a tight budget (and the fact that it was 3 years ago when we last painted them) so how can I do that?
My room has green details like my lamp, chair, and bedspread, but how can i incorporate colors like pink or orange? Thanks!

A. Without painting,the net thing that comes other what they told u is to scrap it off or sand it off lightly.Why don't u just leave it the way it is if u're on a tight budget or ur parents are getting stingier to give jobs to a poor painter.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What color should i choose for my bedroom?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP