Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What are some nice colors for my bedroom?

Q. Hi(:
Im a teen girl and im redecorating my room. I need some ideas on what color i can paint my room.
I like pastel colors!
i also like neons, just nothing dark
Right now my room is green, so i would like to stay away from the greens for awhile.

A. When I was about 15, I painted my room this color, "Sunset Yellow" and it was like a lighter version of dijon mustard. It turned out so beautiful. I decorated the rest of my room to have a very light, tuscan feel. But, if I changed my mind (as I often did) and decided I wanted something different, the yellow would match. I miss that room. It was the coolest color I've ever had in a room. Also, a robin's egg blue is cool, but it's very touchy getting just the right tone. And green is VERY touchy. The room color I'm looking forward to, though, is blood red. It's bold, daring, adventurous, the decor options are endless, and it can be lighthearted with a bold front, or deep and dark, with blacks and metals. Anyways, these are my four cents. : ) Have fun. Paint is great!

Edit: Oh, by the way!!! Something I've wanted to do for awhile in my kids' rooms is this: paint top half color of choice (for them a burnt orange), and bottom half (kind of spendy, but) black chalkboard paint. Then you draw whatever you like on the chalkboard as you like, or leave it blank. . . I think it's a great fun idea.


What are original ideas for decorating a teenage girl's bedroom?
Q. I'm a 13 year old girl interested in art and music and I need to redecorate my room. It is all pink and little-kid-ish and I'm sick of it. I have a friend who put Christmas lights around the top of her room and I was kind of going for that original style. Any ideas?

A. Hello There,

We all like a nice peaceful retreat and definitely our bedroom is one of those places. I have a 13 year old and we redid her room when she was 12 (last year).

1. We painted her room with silver blue and white (Behr satin finish). Two walls blue, two walls white.

2. We then chose two paintings (from Marshalls) One was a blue hues ocean scene with waves with a white finish frame and the other was a blue painted frame of teenagers playing in the water by the ocean side. It has more light to it. We placed that on the blue wall. We also added a silver oval framed mirror and and rectangular family picture collage frame.

If you really want a string of lights you can hang it along the window.

3. Her bedding is a mixture of different shades of blue, yellow and fuchcia. It is a very peaceful room..

4.We also put a small microwave kitchen cart in her room where she has a terrarium with seashells sitting on top of it. The shelves hold her school supplies. . You can find this at the resource below.

I wish I could show you a picture but it is truly a retreat for her.

This is not an expensive makeover. Follow what we did and choose your own colors. Walmart, Target and Marshalls are all great stores.Discuss it with your parents and
email me if you have any questions.

Happy decorating,

Romona


Any ideas for 2 girls and boy sharing 1 bedroom?
Q. We have a 4 year old girl, 2 year old boy and 11 month old girl. Pictures would be great to get some ideas!

A. Crib for the 11 month old, bunk beds for the 4 and 2 year old. 2 year old gets the bottom bed. Paint the room a gender neutral color, like yellow or a creme color. One side is for the girls to keep their things and the other is for the boy. Get separate trunks for their toys and let them help decorate too. Separate closets if available, if not, divide it equally, one side for each. Make sure there are no heavy items that can fall on the children. Bolt them down if necessary. Install child safety locks on drawers and doors if necessary. Kids are curious and will inevitably get into trouble at some point. Good luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some nice colors for my bedroom?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP