Friday, April 19, 2013

How to take away a pacifier in an easier less upsetting way for my toddler?

Q. Since there will be 2 1/2 weeks off for Christmas, we will be working on stopping the pacifier. Cody only takes it at night, but I am trying to figure out the easiest way to do it without being cruel. I have heard of snipping the top and that kids just shrug it off then. Is this really a good way to do it? Or do you have any other suggestions?

A. Try this.. it is a story about the pacifier fairy....


My name is Mampi. I am a pacifier. I am your Pacifier, and I am very happy to be yours.
You have a Mommy. I have a Mommy too. My Mommy is the Pacifier Fairy, and I love her very much.
I have many brothers and sisters.



Most of the time we live in Pacifier Land. It is wonderful there! But when a baby is born we are allowed to go to Earth. When the child reaches three years old we would like to return to our Mommy and to all our brothers and sisters. So we do not lose our way home, our Mommy calls us on a full moon-lit night. It is so sad if we cannot follow. Our Mommy cries.
If my Mommy calls me back, YOU must help me. You must put me on the window ledge before the full moon rises. I am much too small to climb up there alone. If you sleep deeply, the Moon will carry me to Pacifier Land on his silver beam. Will you help me? Please! Don’t be like little Sarah!
She did not want to send her Pacifier back, although she had made a promise. She did not put her Pacifier on the window ledge. Can you believe that?
Sarah’s Pacifier was my little brother. His name was Mampi. We are all called Mampi. At first everything was wonderful. Sarah and Mampi loved each other just as sweetly as we love each other. If Sarah became tired she put Mampi in her mouth and sucked until she fell happily to sleep. Just like you and me.
However one night - it was a full moon - they both woke up. A voice had woken them up, calling softly:



"Mampi! Can you hear me my little Mampi? Come home, your time on Earth is finished. We are waiting for you!” “That is my Mommy," Mampi cried as he leapt up. His round Pacifier eyes glistened with delight.
"Mommy! Mommy I’m coming!” he called as he jumped up on the bed cover.



Suddenly, Sarah grabbed at Mampi and pressed him firmly in her hand. „No, Mampi belongs to me! I will not give him up!" she shrieked. Mampi was frightened - this was not the way it should be. "Sarah, you promised to put me on the window ledge, if my Mommy calls to me. I love her very dearly and I want to be with her again!"
"No," said Sarah once more, and pressed Mampi even more firmly into her hand. She fell asleep again.
"Mommy, oh Mommy!" Mampi whispered, and began to weep bitterly.



Time passed. Suddenly Mampi had an idea. He wiped away his pacifier tears and thought: "I will climb onto the window ledge alone." Softly he jumped from the bed and stood in front of the window. Oh, it was so high - much too high for a little pacifier!


Then he saw the curtain. Would he be able to use it for the high climb? Mampi gathered up all of his courage and grasped the curtain:
One - two - three - he swung himself.
Like a small monkey he hung onto the folds of the curtain. He swung himself higher, ever more higher - but the distance was very great and Mampi soon became tired.

"Just a bit further, and you’ll be on the window ledge," whispered the curtain.
"I can’t …" groaned Mampi, "I really can’t."
And in his despair he began to weep again. He sobbed so loudly that the noise woke up Sarah. Her eyes opened in fright as she saw Mampi hanging from the curtain.
"Hold on tight! I’ll get you down!" She called as she jumped from the bed. But Mampi was too high, and Sarah too small.
Then she saw the chair. In a flash she climbed onto it. "Hold tight! I’m coming!" She reached up and held Mampi in her outstretched hand. At just this moment the chair tipped over. With a loud crash they both fell to the floor.
"Mommy, Mommy!" screamed Sarah.
"Mommy, Mommy!" chirped Mampi.
Sarah’s Mother rushed into the bedroom.
"Child! What happened?" she asked, frightened.
Sarah told her all about Mampi and Pacifier Land and the Pacifier Fairy who was Mampi’s Mommy and how Mampi wanted to be with his Mommy again.



"One must honor what one has promised, Sarah", said her Mother as she took Mampi in her warm hand.
"I would also like to be with my Mommy," sobbed the Pacifier. „Of course little Mampi," said Sarah’s Mother as she turned to Sarah.



What is the best for us to do? Did I not come immediately when you called? I believe that Mampi also needs his Mommy now."
Sarah did not answer right away. Secretly, she winked at her small friend who lay still in her Mother’s hand. He pressed his face into his little hands and wept even more bitterly.
Sarah suddenly realized that Mampi’s Mommy was so far away that he could not see or hear her. The thought was not pleasant, and then she understood.
"I believe that Mampi needs his Mommy too," she finally answered. She took Mampi from her Mother’s hand and gently placed him on the window ledge. She stroked him gently.
"Have a good journey. I will miss you. But now I can understand. The most important thing is to be with your Mommy. Can you come and visit me some time? That would be wonderful!"
"Yes, yes! I will come and see you - in your dreams," promised the little Pac


redecorating toddlers bedroom, should i include education into the design?
Q. my daughter is turning 2. she got a new toddler bed (espresso colored wood), tinker bell bedding, a tinker bell chair, the little tinker bell couch. so the crib and all the baby toys and decor are going. she's almost at the age where i'm going to introduce letters, numbers, shapes, etc. would buying stuff like alphabet borders, number posters, education stuff be beneficial or should i just let it be her play room? if it doesnt make a difference then i wont bother, but if it does help i think i will include education in the design.

A. I found the educational decorations in the room were beneficial for my kids. However if I didn't have them it wouldn't of made much of a difference. I think the decorations more/less helped re-enforce what I had already taught them. It became part of their daily routine when we walked through their room. I guess it made it easy as I didn't actually have to sit down and do it. I could teach them as I was going to get their clothes out of their closet or making their beds.

Here are some things that I have done with my kids for letters, numbers shapes:
1. Painted them on their bedroom walls (like a border around their rooms).
2. Wooden letters/numbers/shapes painted and placed around the room (you can buy them cheap at craft stores/dollar stores and sometimes they come painted)
3. Wall Stickers - they do not stick to your walls with an adhesive but with more of a static. They come in all colors, letters, numbers, and shapes. When your kids are done with them you can take them down
4. Chalk Board Paint - You can paint a chalk board on your child's wall or door and draw them on yourself. The fun thing is that this can grow with them as they get older and they can gradually use it for other purposes.
5. Chalk Board - you can buy these fairly cheap at most office stores hang them in the child's bedroom. The nice thing about chalk is it comes off the walls nicely

These are some things that I have done in my kids bedrooms. My personal favorites have been the chalk board, chalk board paint and the static cling wall stickers. The wall stickers were easy to take down or move if you change the room around. The chalkboard was not just fun for letters but for the kids to play with as well. =)


Desperate for storage or tips to make more room in a tiny space?
Q. I have 5 kids in one room........yep 5 in one room! We are trying to change our basement into 2 rooms but for now I need to figure out how to have all their stuff in there and not be all over the floor. I have bought the under the bed storage containers and the closet is stuffed. Any advice you can give would be helpful.

A. Go Vertical: Consider tall furniture rather than wide to preserve precious floor space.

Use Your Walls: Add a shelf or rack to display a favorite collection or for hanging hats, ties and scarves.


Stash It in Style: Today's occasional tables offer plenty of storage with drawers, shelves and cubbies plus glass-topped display space for collectibles.

Stack 'em: Stackable and folding chairs are excellent ways to keep a supply of seating for a dinner party, holiday gatherings or drop-in guests.

Sweet Dreams: Sleep better knowing that you've taken advantage of the valuable space under the bed—in style. Use decorative boxes and storage bins to stow out-of-season clothing, wrapping paper, sporting goods or anything else.

Retractable Doors: When shopping for an armoire or entertainment center, look for ones with retractable doors to provide more space when the doors are open.

Try the Kids' Department: Youth furniture is designed to fit into smaller rooms but also accommodates adults just fine. Have a small guest bedroom or a little alcove office? A child's dresser or desk might be the perfect fit.

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin': Many pieces of furniture have wheels—whether it is a sofa, a coffee table, a storage shelf, kitchen table or an ottoman. Enjoy extra mobility and function with a wheeled piece of furniture that is fashionable and practical.

Don't Leaf It Out: If a full-size dining room table is just too big for the dining area, ask your retailer about one with removable leaves.

Accent It: A mirror is always a nice accent to any room, but especially a small one. Mirrors add light and depth when space is limited. And the right accessories will highlight one's personal style and enhance the intimacy of a small space.

If you're looking for a cozy, intimate space, you're in luck. By using soft, snuggly upholstered pieces, dark, warm tones, and dramatic lighting, your tiny corner can become a wonderful private space.


Clear Out the Clutter

There's nothing that makes a small space feel cramped more than having too much stuff.


Small Space Design
Work out ways to get collections out of view, organized behind doors, table skirts, or on shelves. With things neatly arranged and out of sight, the space that is in view will feel orderly and open.

Open the Way

With furniture and accessories blocking the view into a room and out to open spaces, a room will look cramped. By moving furniture out and away from walkways, you'll open up the space and make it feel larger. You can also choose short pieces of furniture like an ottoman, an armless, open chair, or a low table, and place large, tall pieces along a wall rather than out in the open space. If you can see the floor, the room will look larger.


Chooser Soft, Light Hues

Whereas dark, warm colors make a space feel cozy and intimate, light, cool colors make a space feel open and airy. For optimum effect, select soft tones of blues and greens.


Use a Monochromatic Color Scheme

Choose colors that are in the same color family and use tone-on-tone woven upholstery fabrics, textured wall finishes, delicate tonal drapery fabrics. Cool colors and delicate warm colors on most surfaces give the room a more open look.


Coordinate Wall and Furniture Colors

Contrasting colors tend to break up a space. Pieces of furniture are less interrupting and tend to blend with the space if they're colored to match the wall color.


Let in the Light

Any room will look larger if it's well-lit, either by natural light or artificial lighting. Get rid of heavy draperies and open up the windows to let the light of the outdoors into the space. Add more lamps or install track lighting or recessed lighting.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to take away a pacifier in an easier less upsetting way for my toddler?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP