Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What are the trends for paint colors for a new home?

Q. I am building a new house and need help picking colors. The only thing I am decided on is our bedroom will be a dark gray my husband work nights so we need something to make the room darker. I am at a loss on the rest of the house I am seeing alot of tans but I don't think I really want tan. What are the alternatives? Does the whole house need to blend? It is 2 story kids rooms upstairs. Please help.

A. Get to the Painting Dept. in either Lowe's or Home Depot. They can so u many selections. I am not sure why u must paint your bedroom dark b/c your husband works at night. U can have heavy curtains, with blinds to block out the sun for him to sleep. Of course u don't have to paint the room white but u have many dark colors in any family group. Still no direction look at design shows on HG TV. Get on line to the websites also. They can help. Get magazines like Woman's Day or Design Mags that have pic on different rooms in the house. U go with what u like. Its no use to get a white kitchen if u don't feel it no matter what the trend is. (White kitchens is not the trend but u get the idea). Make your house a home for u and your fam. Good luck and congrats on the new home.


How to use animal prints in a bedroom?
Q. We are redecorating my 9 yr old daughters bedroom. We have just painted her walls a light sage- almost lime green with white trim. She is a real animal lover and wants to us animal print fabrics in her room but I am unsure how to make it work and not overpower the room. Can I us a solid color bedding such as purple and accent with animal prints? I want to give it a jungle/safari look but still be girlish also. I see alot of various prints being mixed and matched in kids rooms these days but I am just unsure how to pull it all together.
Thanks!

A. some good ideas here
http://teensthemes.com/safari/wild-safari-bedroom-decorating-ideas.html


What color or hue is best for a small boy's bedroom?
Q. I am going to be painting my 7 year old son's room. It is around 11X12ish and has oak trim and closet doors I will not paint. What color or technique will make it look bigger, he likes green and aquamarine, if you can recommend a specific brand and color.

A. I know that a lot of kids like it if they can paint a mural on the wall. If he likes green, maybe he can paint a tree on there, or if he likes aquamarine maybe paint an underwater scene. And you can use the really cheap acrylic paints in the craft section at Wal-mart. I still want to paint a mural on my wall. And if you choose a color, let him paint with you!


What is the best color to paint a bedroom?
Q. I am a kid with a 10 ft. by 10ft. room and I have toupe (a pinkish ugly color) and I want to paint it either baby blue or some form of blue, but i don't know what it will look like. Any advice?

A. My daughters room is a bright dark blue -- if that makes sense - we matched it to her comforter and it looks great!! Thank you for breaking outta white!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the trends for paint colors for a new home?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP