Thursday, January 3, 2013

How do I get rid of Sugar Ants in a Kid Friendly manner?

Q. There are sugar ants in my children's room, and cannot seem to find why. I think they are coming through the window sill, but they are right next to my sons bed! Ahhh! I have moved him away from sleeping in it, but need suggestions on how to deter them without putting my son in harms way. I have searched for food that I have missed that they may be after but cannot find anything. HELP!

A. The borax trick is a great way to bait them and hopefully kill the entire nest, but it usually takes many repeated attempts to kill them all off. If you want to deter them from the bedroom then take some white vinegar and mix with water in a 1:4 ratio. Spray this solution around anywhere the ants can come in. Repeat this on a daily basis for a week. The vinegar smell will dissipate in less than an hour but the acetic acid will remain and keep them out of anywhere it's been sprayed.


What is an average electric bill for a 3 bedroom house in orlando?
Q. I am looking to move to Orlando next year and I need to see how much, on average, a 3 bedroom house will cost in electric. We will have no pool and 4 kids (if that makes much of a difference). Thank you.

A. hello
it really depends on how you set your thermostat in your home.this part might sound weird but it also depends on what power company you have. florida power progress energy and winter park utilities tend to be a bit more then OUC ( Orlando utitlies ). I have a small 2 bedroom home and my bill averages like 150 summer and 75 during the cooler months.


What's the one thing that would make your kids cringe if they only knew?
Q. A friend of mine tells a great story about losing a bet to her husband and-- long story short-- their 5 year old son found the syrup bottle in their bedroom the next morning. She says that now, everytime she sees her kids squeezing syrup on their pancakes she and her husband share a little secret, knowing glance.

So, marrieds, what's the one thing that became part of your "fun and games" that would make the kids cringe if they knew about? Place, item, food, song, story....whatever.

A. If she knew what went on on our piano bench, she'd puke.


How old is your baby and where does s/he sleep?
Q. I'm just curious. I have a 2 month old son and he sleeps in a bassinet in our bedroom right next to me. We have his crib ready in his own room, but aren't sure when we want to put him in there. What did you do for your kid(s)???

A. He slept in a pack n play (one w/ bassinet attachment & I bought a special mattress for when he out grew bassinet part) smack up against my side of the bed. We actually just moved him into his own room & crib about a week or so ago. I took it harder than him! LOL He will be 9mths in 3 days. It was easier on me cuz I have a phobia bout SIDS & all I had to do was roll over & I could make sure he was ok & breathing. And I also was sure he was warm/cool enough. I don't see anything wrong with letting your baby share your room for a while. My sister did tell me to get him into his own room before he turns a year due to the fact that it gets harder & they get used to being in your room. Best of luck & do what YOU feel is right. Don't move him out because people don't agree with co-sleeping.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get rid of Sugar Ants in a Kid Friendly manner?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP