Thursday, December 13, 2012

Where can I get cheap things to decorate my sons room?

Q. Ok I'm moving to a new apartment and my son is going to finally get his own bedroom. He just turned 4 years old and I have no idea where to look for cheap things to decorate his room. His favorite characters are disney cars and thomas the train..me and my husband are on a budget...and we all know disney cars and thomas are not cheap. so any ideas?

A. I would avoid the actual Disney charecter stuff. Not only is it a little expensive, there is a good change he'll complain it is too babyish in two years. Plus, he already had toys with those charecters.

To save money, get stuff you could see in an 8 year old's room.

Bedding I think works for a 4 year old and an older boy:
http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Studio-Hippo-Comforter/dp/B002GQTT2Q/ref=sc_iw_r_1_0/192-0018856-5111635
http://www.target.com/Olive-Kids-Animals-Bedding-Collection/dp/B001R1M2FW/ref=br_1_34?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=4182801&node=4182801&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=2&searchSize=30&id=Olive%20Kids%20Animals%20Bedding%20Collection
http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Vehicles-Bedding-Collection/dp/B001SIM6H8/ref=br_1_104?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=4182801&node=4182801&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=4&searchSize=30&id=DwellStudio%20Target%20Vehicles%20Bedding%20Collection
http://www.target.com/Circo-Robot-Bedding-Collection/dp/B001N5WZX6/ref=br_1_88?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=4182801&node=4182801&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=3&searchSize=30&id=Circo%20Robot%20Bedding%20Collection

For wall art, posters make a big impression. I reccomend picking posters that will fit in frames the same color as the furniture. That way later on you can just change the posters.

If the furniture is dark brown in his room, you can get this frame set for $30 http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16566594&RN=88 You could get these:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28186201
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28186176
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21827318
for $44.00


Decorating my 6 year old daughter's bedroom?
Q. I'm horrible with decorating, but I want something that is fun and beautiful for my daughter without paying a lot of money.
She has all white wicker furniture in her room that my grandma had given us a few years ago. So, I think with that it could be a really neat room.

I want something that you can change maybe pictures or accessories easily, without redoing her entire room every 2 years.

I've been looking for pictures on the internet but I haven't found too many. I want the room to be girly.

Any ideas? Thanks!

A. Why don't you make it fun for your daughter too. Take her out with a digital camera and get her to take pictures of things she likes. I think black and white pictures work best (they tend to hide flaws in photos best). Anyway, that way, she has a part in what is going on her walls. When you are done, you and she can go through the photos she took, pick the numbers you want and get them printed. You could even blow up the best one, putting it in the centre and then have littler ones surrounding it. You could also try doing some colour ones. Do you have a greenhouse in your city? Gardens you could take her to? Teach her how to use the macro setting on the camera so she can take photos up close of the flowers. You may think kids can't take good photos but you'd be surprised! My friend's kid down the street took some photos of my flowers this past summer. They turned out amazingly well! The boy who took them (5 years old) was quite proud of himself.

When you choose your frames, pick ones that are lively in their colour! Ikea has really great frames for kids rooms (and they are relatively cheap). Their sizes are a little strange so you might have to make mats to go around the photos (the usually white border that surrounds pictures in frames). The nice thing with these frames is that you can paint them later if she wants something a little quieter when she gets older.

Also, there is paint that you can get that is magnetic. You can paint that on her walls, then cover it with the original colour (you don't have to leave it black, which is the colour of the magnetic paint). There is also chalk paint that might be fun for her too.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Cheers!


What does a boy's bedroom look like in Abu Dhabi???
Q. I'm designing a set of a 8 year old boy's bedroom in Abu Dhabi with a western style. The house should be free standing so we can see to the driveway Can anyone direct me to some research or photos???

A. my suggestion is to choose a theme and go from there

ask the boy himself about what he likes .. (animals, cars, planes, etc)

go to the furniture stores that sells kids items and take some ideas (ikea, homeRus, Home Cntr)

email me if you have any Q's :)


What is being said in the chorus of Electric Relaxation?
Q. I've never been able to figure it out...

A. Here are the lyrics for A Tribe Called Quest version:

Relax yourself girl, please set-tle down (4x)

Verse one: q-tip, phife dawg

Honey, check it out, you got me mesmerized
With your black hair and fat-ass thighs
Street poetry is my everyday
But yo, I gotta stop when you trot my way
If I was workin at the club you would not pay
Aiyyo, my man phife diggy, he got somthin to say

I like em brown, yellow, puero rican or hatian
Name is phife dawg from the zulu nation
Told you in the jam that we can get down
Now lets knock the boots like the group h-town
You got bbd all on your bedroom wall
But Im above the rim and this is how I ball
A pretty little somethin on the new york street
This is how I represent over this here beat
Talkin bout you

Yo, I took you out
But sex was on my mind for the whole damn route
My mind was in a frenzy and a horny state
But I couldnt drop dimes cause *you couldnt relate*

Chorus

Verse two: q-tip, phife dawg

Stretch out your legs, let me make you bawl
Drive you insane, drive you up the wall
Starin at your dome-piece, very strong
Stronger than pride, stronger than teflon
Take you on the ave and you buy me links
Now I wanna pound the putang until it stinks
You can be my mama and Ill be your boy

Original rude boy, never am I coy
You can be a shorty in my ill convoy
Not to come across as a thug or a hood
But hon, you got the goods, like madeline woods
By the way, my names malik
The five-foot freak
Lets say we get together by the end of the week
She simply said, no, labelled me a hoe
I said, how you figure? my friends told me so.
I hate when silly groupies wanna run they yap
Word to god, hon, I dont get down like that

Ill have you weak in the knees that you could hardly speak
Or we could do like uncle l and swing an ep in my jeep
Keep it in the down, yo, we keep it discrete
See, Im not the type to kid to have my biz in the streets

If my mom dont approve, then Ill just elope
Let me sink the little man from inside the boat
Let me hit it from the back, girl I wont catch a hernia
Bust off on your couch, now you got semens furniture

Shaheed, phife and the extra p
Stacy, ? dj and my man l.g.
They know the abstract is really soul on ice
The character is of men, never ever of mice
Shorty let me tell you about my only vice
It has to do with lots of lovin and *it aint nuthin nice*





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I get cheap things to decorate my sons room?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP