Saturday, December 8, 2012

What freaks you out more than the doorbell ringing @ 1am only to get up & see its nothing...?

Q. ya it just happened to me.... good thing im already awake or id be really angry...lol

A. what freaks me out more?

if that knock is on my bedroom door... and i live alone. happened 2 weeks ago. (O_o)

it could have been a couple of kids messing about, in your case!


To blatantly plagiarize MomOfMax, looking back, what are one or two things you wish someone...?
Q. ...would have told you
before you had kids? If they had, would you have had kids anyway? In the abstract ... not whether you'd have YOUR kids again.

A. When we found out we were expecting - unexpectedly - we signed up for all kinds of classes to get us ready for the big event. There was a prenatal class (not lamaze) at the hospital where we intended to deliver, so we dutifully attended every session and took careful notes.

I really regret the hours we could have spent watching TV together instead of attending that class. I mean like, duh, you�re in a state-of-the-art obstetric/neonatal unit in a modern hospital. You are surrounded by people who do nothing but deliver babies all day and take care of them in the 48 hours or so you keep them in the hospital afterwards. If anything goes wrong, they�ll handle it. There isn�t anything for you to do except watch and wait! The class didn�t prepare me for what it was really like, and all that stuff about breathing? Fuhgeddaboutit!

The delivery was a little scary - some drama near the end - but everything came out fine (well, a lot of what came out I wouldn�t care to see again, but our daughter was perfect). Two days later, we took her home and realized we didn�t know what to do next! Thanks to some help from the nurses in the neonatal unit, we got the basics down - diapering, burping, feeding, that stuff. However, we were quick to find out that being new parents was a journey into the Twilight Zone.

First, the house shrank. We went from two stories, four bedrooms, and a finished basement, to living in one room; all of us, the baby, my wife, me, and both the dogs (who took it in stride). Then, there were all the things we needed - I needed - to rush out and buy, after I thought we'd gotten everything. We needed a small TV for our one-room house. We needed paper towels - lots and lots of paper towels. And garbage bags, lots of those, too. I was very happy that there's a shopping center at the nearest major intersection, with two grocery stores, a hardware, and a couple of pharmacies, because I was running back and forth at all hours of the day and night.

And then there were the well-meaning nincompoops who kept coming by with teddy bears, flowers, cute little outfits, and rubber necks. Everybody wants to see the baby! I was ready to disconnect the doorbell and chain up a pit bull in the yard - but if someone had come by with a plate of fried chicken and a package of toilet paper, I'd have kissed them!

In the weeks and months that followed, there were other things I wish we had done. I did not baby-proof the house, thinking that I'd have plenty of time before she started crawling. NOT! I managed to get the gates up at the tops and bottoms of the stairs, but all of the cabinets, drawers, and other reachable hazards just got a quick clean-out to remove the nastier items - chemicals, sharps, choking hazards. I should have done it before the baby was born, because there was just no time afterwards. There still isn't.

None of it is enough to make we wish we hadn't done it. Sometimes my wife and I talk about all the chance elements that went into our daughter's arrival. We were lucky beyond belief. If anything at all had been different, we would not have had the same child, and we wouldn't change a thing. So yes, there are some things I wish we'd known - but no regrets.


What are some fun gifts to send the Gosselin children?
Q. To start off, yes, I know the address to their new home. I have "connections" to Kate through a friend named Tyra. Unfortunately, I cannot give it out. Thanks for understanding.

What are some fun and little gifts I can get the 8 children? Things that are affordable "nothings" that entertain kids. I know they already have probably everything they want (ex: V-Tech) as a lot of companies advertise through them, but I'd love to send them a few toys and whatnot.

So far, I have a DIY girl's project book, 2 glow-in-the-dark sticks, and 2 "invisible pens" with an attatched black light that let you see what you wrote in secret, for Cara & Mady. I plan on getting them a bedroom doorbell that I recently saw at a store in the shape of a flower-- I'm sure they want privacy in such a hectic house, and this chiming doorbell with make it fun.

For all 8 of the children, I have these things called "Gong-gi", which is basically the game Jacks, but Korean. It's a bit different and I'm sure the children would find it interesting as they're sparkly and colorful.

Nothing messy like putty, playdoh's, and markers. Knowing Kate, she would hate to have that sticky nonsense in her brand-new, beautiful home. I know the `tuplets recently have been learning to draw within the lines, cut paper, ect.

What are some other things I can send the kids that are affordable, fun, and lighweight (S&H fees are ridiculously high nowadays!)?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Once again, Oldie, I know her through my friend Tyra. We've e-mailed, she knows how I look like, and she's phoned me the first night Tyra introduced us.

A. LiteBrights are a bad idea, because children often choke on the pieces. Just send them gift bags. Organic lollipops with coloring books and crayons or maybe get little pillows made with their names on them (pink for the girls, blue for the boys), which is surprisingly easy and inexpensive.


Does anyone know the name of the TV show...?
Q. where the kids were left to their own accord to redecorate their house in any way that they wanted.
It was a british show around possibly in the late 90's or early 2000's.
From what I can remember, in some episodes they had things like an austin powers living room, MacDonald's as a kitchen, a fire pole through the ceiling, narnia as a bedroom, different doorbells for each person.

Did anyone ever see this show or know what it was called?

A. It was called Home on Their Own, it was presented by Ulrika Jonsson and was shown in 2002-2003.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What freaks you out more than the doorbell ringing @ 1am only to get up & see its nothing...?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP