Thursday, December 27, 2012

What can I use to clean lots of human feces from floor before installing vinyl flooring?

Q. I'm planning on finishing the bedroom renovations for a ten year old autistic kid who eats the plaster off the walls and smears his feces every night. We tore out the remaining 1/3 of the plaster and lath and installed 5/8 OSB then glued down 4x8 sheets of fiberglass to the walls. Before my five foster sons and I got home, the mom called to say that her son had ripped the fiberglass panels off the wall and tore them up. So we went back the next day and it was no more pretty walls, now it was bullet proof walls. The kid taught us our engineering was inadequate. So we cut more Fiberglas panels but this time, after we glued them in place, we screwed 3 inch molding to the top, 8 inch baseboard (painted white) to the bottom, THEN we installed inch and a half aluminum strips over the seams between panels. We also put beads of caulk under each strip and piece of wood to make them water and poop proof.
This weekend my sons and I are going to install a subdued light green vinyl floor over quarter inch under layment then caulk the seams and install quarter round trim on the floor. We are also going to build a low platform covered with vinyl flooring on top and fiberglass on the side as a bed frame to support the vinyl covered detention center grade mattress.
Anybody know of a good solution for cleaning human feces prior to installing the underlayment?
After work I will take the guys to a Taos gallery opening where we can get a root beer and a burger with grey poop on mustard.
Good news, the fiberglas pannels work beautifully; mom says they are amazingly easy to clean.
Thank you all for the cleaning informtion.
NOTE: This ten-year-old cannot dress himself, cannot feed himself, does not speak. He is HANDICAPPED NOT POSESSED. Religious nuts crawl out of the woodwork like cockroaches.

A. Remove the bulk material by scraping, then use 10% bleach to remove the rest. A box of "Rags in a Box" or something similar that you can throw out when done will help.

You might also suggest using something like an epoxy paint on the walls- something that can be cleaned up more easily later. Ditto with the floor; the engineered epoxy paints designed for garages (without the abrasive chips in them) would be extremely rugged.

Good luck.


Bachelor pad decorating help?
Q. I'm buying a house in a month. I am a bachelor and will live there alone, at least at first. It's a 3 bedroom rancher with 1 bathroom, a nice size living room, and a big kitchen. The living room and kitchen have brand new vinyl flooring. I'm going to repaint some rooms (kids lived there) and then recarpet the bedrooms.

I have a good idea what I'm going to do with the space in terms of furniture, but my main question however is, I need a little help with decorating. What kinds of things (pictures, posters, etc) should I hang on the wall?
by the way I'm 25 if that helps.

A. If you are 'decorating' a place for the guys to hang out and drink beer -- the posters, etc. that others have mentioned are appropriate.

However, if you hope to look like an educated, financially stable professional ---

1) furniture should match, and be 'real' furniture. (No directors chairs, beanbags, college-dorm furniture) If something was repaired with duct-tape, throw it out.

2) choose a single piece of art for over the sofa or fireplace -- the dominant colors in that piece should determine colors for other pieces. By art, I mean a painting or framed print. Posters do NOT count as art, except possibly if they are framed and under glass.

3) limit the trophys (bowling, stuffed wildlife, etc.) to a minimum.

4) put things 'away' -- the fewer things 'out', the fewer things that get dusty and look cluttered.

In all the rooms, limit the number of things that are out on counters, tabletops, etc.

Also -- a clean kitchen and bathroom go a LONG way in impressing dates.


Anybody have soft vinyl flooring? How does it hold up, and does it dent easy.?
Q. Am thinking about getting it for my bedroom. Does it scratch or dent easy!

A. YoYo is absolutely correct. There is a way to keep those floors looking good, but everyone in the house has to be informed of the rules. All tables and chairs have to have gliders put under the legs for ease of movement or the weight of these items will leave permanent dents in the floor. Any sharp pebbles stuck in the lugs of shoes will scratch the floor. Moving heavy objects will either dent the floor or cause a tear in the upper most vinyl layer. So, whenever I had to move the fridge or dish washer, I just placed heavy cardboard under the legs to prevent dents. And, as stated, high heels will cause a ton of itty bitty dents all over the place.

However, I have had Armstrong Solarium sheet vinyl in my kitchen for quite some time and I have to say it is so very easy to clean and maintain. It does not stain (mine has a white background) and Future floor wax brings it back to a brilliant shine. There is a positive side to this floor and for that reason is why I have enjoyed it as a kitchen floor. But, now the kids are grown and I am changing my kitchen, along with the floor. But, I have to say that I have had no regrets as the floor has served me well all these years. It started looking crappy after about 15 years.


If you have Trafficmaster Allure vinyl flooring, what is your opinion of th eproduct? ?
Q. We are considering laying the style that resembles slate tile. Our home is in the woods and our dogs are always carrying dirt, leaves, etc., into our kitchen/family room area. Our 6-year-old carpet already looks like you-know-what, despite several professional cleanings. This product looks easy to keep clean. Will this stuff hold up to kids and animals, and does it look OK? I'd rather replace the carpet with more carpet than have flooring that looks like it belongs in a shack.

A. I think it's the best flooring I've ever had, especially for the price. Beats laminate all to pieces as far as I'm concerned. I've had it in my bedroom and living room for almost 2 years, put it in the kitchen early this year. It has stood up very well so far, and I'm in a similar position. Two dogs, tree needles, dirt and sand getting tracked in all the time. And when they slop water around their water bowl, it doesn't affect the floor at all. It's very easy to clean, just like any other vinyl flooring. It will scuff a little if you drag heavy furniture across it, but tell me a floor that won't. The only place I've had any trouble with the floor marking is under my office chair when dirt or sand got under the wheels, so I made a floor pad for the chair from the vinyl tiles. Works great. Buy extra pieces in case any get really damaged later, in which case it's very simple to replace a piece. I've got two of the woodgrain colours, and people think it's wood until I tell them it's not.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What can I use to clean lots of human feces from floor before installing vinyl flooring?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP