Friday, December 14, 2012

What are some great ideas for decorating the wall in my dorm?

Q. Moved some furniture around, and now there's a big blank wall behind the couch. I'm on a college budget, so I'd like to use mostly supplies I already have; several colors of paper, markers (including silver), scissors, tape, etc. I'm ok with spending a LITTLE money on supplies as well.

Links to examples are great, too! I want to do something other than the usual posters and stuff.

A. I'm going to throw you three links here to a kazillion gorgeous pictures of designer rooms. I think you will get some great wall decor ideas from these pics. You can save your favorite pix to your computer, then narrow it down.

Cottage Decor (has bedrooms and other rooms) -- this one has lots of feminine rooms I think you will love:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal0407212710549.html?59

Bedrooms -- little kids, to teens, to guest rooms:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal030827409081.html?16

Bedrooms -- grown up bedrooms:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal010651154004.html?52

I hope this gives you lots of good ideas!


What area in Brooklyn sounds good for ym family?
Q. We are a family of 4 people 2 parents 2 teenagers. We would like an apartment for about and at maximum 2500$ rent for a 3 bedroom apartment, and somewhere with good schools. Being close to Manhattan is prefered, but not nessisary. Thanks!

A. I think I answered this already.

You cannot, and I do mean CANNOT find a 3 bedroom apartment for $2500. It is not going to happen.

That's the bad news.

The better news is that if your children are high school age, you are not locked into looking only in certain school zones. High school students go to schools all over the city. Even in middle school, where you live doesn't matter quite as much as it would if your kids were in elementary school.

However, you must plan on your kids sharing a room. Even a 2 bedroom apartment will be hard to find for $2,500.

EDIT: Ignore the person who suggested Park Slope. I live in Park Slope, and have lived here for decades. Once it was a great place for families who wanted great apartments for less money. Now everything here is very expensive. You can't afford Park Slope on your budget.

Also, be careful of apartments that seem too cheap. If its too cheap, it might not exist. Or it might be in a terrible neighborhood. Many listings say "Park Slope" but are actually in completely different neighborhoods.


How many bedrooms am I allowed on sec 8 with a 8yr old and a 15 yr old?
Q. I AM A MOM OF TWO BOYS,(8 AND 15) I LIVE IN WARWICK RI AND I DONT KNOW THE LAWS.IF I FIND A 3 BEDROOM IN MY AMOUNT I AM ALLOWED CAN I GET A THREE BEDROOM?

A. How about you stop sucking up tax payers money and do it on your own. my mom was in college when i was born and she did it with out any subsidies. Get a good job, budget your money, and make your kid get good grades so they can get a scholarship and great job so we don't have to pay for his kids food and housing.


How much does it cost for a family of 4, to go to Disney World in FL?
Q. My Husband and i are wanting to take our kids to Disneyland in FL in the next year or two, and i was just wondering about how much a trip would cost? for Hotels, Travel, Food, the park the whole thing, estimates are good, i would really like to know from someone that has gone before! Thanks a bunch! Oh we have 2 kids, so a family of 4!

A. My family (me, wife, 2 sons ages 10 & 9) went in July, '08 for 8 days. Here was the cost breakdown:

Airfare from Kansas City and rental car using Travelocity: $1300.

7 day park tickets: $1100. We added the water park option, but did not get parkhoppers. Parkhoppers are overrated and not necessary if you have never been to Disney before. They will cost an extra $50 per ticket.

Lodging: $150. Yes, only $150. Explanation needed here: My wife's aunt gave us her time share condo at The Fountains Resort as a wedding gift (we had been married the previous year and it was a honeymoon for us, and yes, we took my kids along!) The $150 was for 2 extra nights in an off Disney property budget hotel near the airport.

Food/Sovenirs/Gas/Misc.: $850. We didn't go crazy for souvenirs. We all got T-shirts, mugs, DVDs of the boys at Cyberspace Mountain, hats, and so on. We saved A LOT of money because we shopped at a grocery store near our condo, and cooked breakfast and dinner in the condo's kitchen. We bought snacks and gatorade and took them into the parks to tide us over during our park tours. We did eat a few meals in restaurants, but did so off Disney property where the prices are cheaper.

Total Cost: $3400

That condo runs $169 per night for guest not in the time share. While this is twice as much as what it would cost to stay in one of Disney's value resorts, I really think it is worth it. We got 2 bedrooms, one with a king sized bed, the other with two double beds, 2 bathrooms, a living room, private balcony, and full kitchen. If you consider that a family of four could spend $100 per day in food alone at the parks, then you can make up the extra cost for the condo in food alone. Plus, you'll be much more comfortable!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some great ideas for decorating the wall in my dorm?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP