Tuesday, December 25, 2012

How do I dress up a simple shelf and a rod to hang clothes on?

Q. Our apartment is older and in two of the bedrooms (both of my kids, one boy and one girl) there are no closets, just a clothes hanging rod and a shelf above it. How could I dress it up so it looks a little more like a closet or atleast less like a clutter and more decorative? The rooms look cute until you look at that and it just looks half-you-know-what! The boys room is a jungle theme and he is a baby so has lots of stuff to store. The girls room is a princess theme and it's all in mostly pink.
By the way, I'm on a budget!
I can't paint, since we rent. I can't do anything that will be permanent.
It's one simple wooden shelf hung over one simple clothes rod.

A. standing folding room divider screens, they can hang posters on them or whatever they want and it would cover the clothes and is movable, you can make some out of some wood and hinges from a hardware store or try buying some on ebay


Can you help with Unisex bedroom ideas?
Q. My children will be sharing a bedroom. My son is 6, and my daughter will be 3 this month. Does anyone have any design ideas that will make them both feel at home? I'm a single mom, so budget is a big factor to consider. Thanks for your help!

A. Rubber duckies are always cute. My sister's kids' bathroom had a whole makeover just by adding a new shower curtain, toothbrush holder, rug, and framed photo all of rubber duckies. I think she got the stuff at WalMart. I love it for a kids' bathroom.

EDIT: I'm so sorry I misread that and thought it said bathroom.
A cute unisex idea for a bedroom is a jungle theme or even just using coordinating colors on the bedding. A red, white, and blue patriotic theme would be really cute, and easy too. One could have a navy blue comforter and the other could have a red comforter with white sheets. Then you can find all kinds of stars and stripes stuff cheap at thrift stores and again, at WalMart/Kmart/TJ Maxx - whatever you have near you. Good luck!


how can i combine a girls room with a toddler bed dora theme and a teenage theme too, without it looking crazy
Q. I want each child to have their own space with their own look, but i don't want the younger kids side to be too childish for the older kid. May I add that it is a smaller size room too.

A. wild jungle
zebra stripes with pink and black
and dora with pink and other colors
browse these sites and combine the 2 themes together
http://teensthemes.com/safari/wild-safari-bedroom-decorating-ideas.html
http://mariesmanor.fateback.com/Savannah/JungleRoom.html


How would you SHOW this instead of TELL it?
Q. I'm trying to say how my bedroom is really small. But we have to like..show it instead of tell it. How would u do that? can u give me some examples? like..the only one i can come up with is "my room is 2 times the size of a jail cell" which isn't really that good so can u help me?

A. "When you first walk into my room, you might feel like you are walking into a jail cell. The ceiling is low, like a kids' jungle gym. When I lie in my miniature bed, I can never think about anything but the mere size of the space I am forced to call 'my room.'"

Something like that. =)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I dress up a simple shelf and a rod to hang clothes on?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP