Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Does anyone have any cheap ideas for raising the resale value of my home?

Q. I am going to be putting my house on the market soon to relocate. Its an older 2 bedroom home. I can't afford to do any expensive remodeling (ie`new kitchen counters, gutting the bathroom). So I was wondering if anyone had any tips for what I should do to attract buyers. What are the big turn on's and turn off's when you look at a home. This is the only home I've ever bought so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. We have done some updating while we lived here, but its all been plumbing, wireing, the type of thing you can't see. I'm looking for more cosmetic type advice. Thank you!
Wow, thanks so much to everyone who answered already. You all have really given me some great starting points! Now I can't wait to get started!!

A. We just put ours up, and we are on a tight budget.
We started by going to Lowe's or Home Depot and buying some of the lights fixtures that are on clearance and put them up in all the rooms. This is especially important if you have old outdated ones. Then we painted all the bedrooms and bath antique white (some people are picky if you have bold colors, it distracts them from the homes features). I shampoo my carpets every other month (4 kids, lol), and spottlessly clean every week. I also, put up window treatments in all the rooms, most from Family Dollar, which is also super cheap! And if you have alot of clutter, de-clutter! I don't mean empty out your rooms, but put everything where it goes, and keep your decorations to a minimum. Alot of people over crowd their homes. Good luck! :)


how can i turn my garage into my bedroom?
Q. i need help im turning my garage into my bedroom and i cant do anything fancy because im still a kid so i need tips.my garage is soooooooooo dark and scary and it has a lot of things that we cant get rid of and we dont know where to put them in so help!

A. I agree with storing the items that need to stay in the garage behind either a wall divider or putting up curtains or drapes to hide those items (can help to lighten up the room). Make sure the garage door has a seal around it (keep cooler in summer, warmer in winter). Curtains hung across the garage door will hide the fact it is a garage but they need to clear the door when opened, in case access to the garage is needed. Carpeting or room size rug is a must - it creates warmth and a cozy atmosphere.

The finished walls should be painted a light color to brighten up the space. You do not mention whether or not there are any windows. I would have sheers to let in light but have a shade for privacy that can be opened and closed as needed. Is there an overhead light fixture? That is something inexpensive for the family to replace and create a warmer atmosphere.

I would put the bed against the wall connected to the house. Make sure there is a lamp for reading (three-way gives you variety of lighting) Draw up a floor plan and show it to your family. They may be able to offer suggestions for the final result.


Where should I hang a Pottery Barn Kids chandelier in my daughter's bedroom?
Q. The light is not bright enough to replace the overhead fixture so it will have to be accent lighting. It doesn't feel safe to hang it over her bed. Should I hang it over her dresser in the opposite corner? Hang it over her nightstand? Will it look strange since there is still an overhead fixture?

A. You can hang a pottery barn kids chandelier Oposite of ur daughter's bed.


Girl and boy sharing bedroom decorating advice?
Q. My two kids. are 7 year olds and will be sharing a room. One a girl and one a boy. What are some cute bedroom sets that will go together well or were meant to be together, that will look great in their room.

A. I wouldn't go with a theme, I would make it colorful, like paint the walls and have neutral curtains and light fixtures but I would be sure that they each had a shelf or some kind of storage to call their own that they can have their things on. I would keep the bedspreads the same color but put pillows and little touches that are different on the beds. For example, a red ladybug pillow for her and a red car pillow for him. The ideas are endless in my head right now. I'm sure you'll come up with something great and they'll love it. Take care.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone have any cheap ideas for raising the resale value of my home?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP