Saturday, January 5, 2013

Should I leave my cat at home while camping?

Q. I am going camping for 8 days. I have 12 year old cat in a 2 bedroom 2nd floor apartment.

I checked into cat kennels but they are too expensive for me.

I though about bringing him along (I have a metal cat kennel that I could put him in during the day and bring him in the tent with me and the two kids at night. I worry about him getting attacked by predators or breaking loose somehow.

The other option is to leave him at home and have my dad check on him every few days.

He has an auto feeder and auto water provider that last 2 weeks so that is not a a problem.

A. I think your cat would be better at home. Camping would be unfamiliar to him and you would be worrying about his safety and wellbeing.

At home he is happy and comfortable. That's good your dad can check him. Will he be willing to pet him a little, too? Your cat might get a little bit lonely.


I have $400. I am married w/ 3 boys, 7-5-4, my grandma is my hero- closest person in my life.She is dying,?
Q. I am living in cal. right now in a 2 bedroom apartment in the not so nice neighborhood where kids run the streets day and night & since two of my sons are in school now w/ a lot of these kids, harder n harder to keep them away fr. the street/ kids. already have a place to live when we get there. my hubby out of work right now, but he is an elect. do work is there- but the longer we stay here the more $$ we will spend- rent groceries, day to day, but can we afford to drive with us 5 in our 1992 honda accord from bay area to northwest wyoming? Are there tips to save when driving long trips?ideas for cutting costs- ways to make my $ multiply? I need to hurry I am losing precious time w/ my grandma, and i feel so anxious all the time?

A. Im sorry for your Faimly.
If it was me I would sell everything and leave the area. I would spen the last bit of time with my grand mother. I have lost mine and she lived accross the country from me.
When your ready to leave make food for days before hand for example cook Meals store them in Eskies as your driving use them for your meals. Make sand wiches, Cordial or better still have plewnty of water. if you need to spend the night any where use a Tent. The kids will enjoy it as a adventure. I have a 6 yr old daughter. Make up stories and Get them to pack a Back pack each filled with their toys,books stuff. Pack pillows in the car. Then when all this is done just say good bye and go for it.
Good Luck.


To those who live in a Small house/Space, how do you make room for babies and kids things?
Q. My husband and I live in a 1200 square foot bungalow which has two bedrooms down stairs and 1 full bath. Upstairs has 1 large Bedroom and Half Bath...We want more children in the future but we don't see ourself moving anytime soon. I am trying to find a good way to make more space for my child and her toys and things. Any tips

A. I am also in a small space - 900 sf 2 bed / 1 bath apt - and we have a toddler and twins on the way.

Our lease is up at the same time I am due. It would be really bad timing to move, so we plan to stick it out here for a year and get into a larger place next year.

We've adapted by making our space very child centered. We have a train table instead of a coffee table. The kitchen is too small for a full-size dining room table, so we sit Japanese style at a toddler-size table. The living room is the play room (as well as my daughter's room). The living room also houses our computers and office stuff which we have compactly on one wall. The futon couch doubles as a guest bed when we have company.

My daughter's closet now has two rods for clothing (one high and one low) to accommodate the twins' wardrobe. Her bedroom has enough room to have 2 beds - a full size bed for co-sleeping/nursing and a smaller toddler bed. Her BIG tent will have to be packed up once we set up the toddler bed, but we plan to replace it with a smaller collapsible version. The train table may also temporarily go into storage to make space for some baby gear.

In your situation, I would make the large upstairs bedroom into a play room and let the rest of your house be relatively clutter-free.


What low-cost, low energy things can I do with my kids this summer?
Q. I'm tight on cash, struggle with depression and have injuries in both feet. So summer camps are out, things that take a lot of energy to plan won't happen and I can't play physically with them until I heal. I want them to still have fun though. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

They are girls, ages 10 and 5.

A. Why don't you put up a tent in the living room! or get the girls to decorate a bedroom as tho it was a tent! i love that idea! im going to do that with my 7 year old daughter. Have lots of pillows, sleeping bags.. you all sleep in there! it's mad! Play games! make some home made pizzas (just use english muffins as the base) Get the girls to put on their Fav. toppings. Tell them stories. I think it's a great way to have fun and not pay much at all!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I leave my cat at home while camping?
Rating: 97% based on 9598 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 komentar:

My Favorite site

Camera Info

My Faforite blog

  • WinTricks 5.0 - WinTricks is one of the largest and most up-to-date programs for Windows tips, tricks, and secrets available today! WinTricks includes tips/tricks for all ...
    15 years ago

  © Blogger template Camera Guide And Information by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP